Acapulco Cruise Port (Terminal Maritima)
With a rich nautical history dating back to the 16th century, Acapulco has a lot to offer with its beautiful beaches, buzzing nightlife, and jungle-clad hills. This port in the Pearl of the Pacific—long a favored resort of the rich and famous—remains a frequent stop on cruise itineraries along Mexico’s Pacific coast.
One way to maximize your time in Acapulco Cruise Port is on a sightseeing tour, which takes you around the city and to sites like Acapulco’s famous cliff divers. For adventure, spend the day ziplining, horseback riding, or releasing baby sea turtles into the ocean. Or, tour some of the region’s important historical sites, including the Fort of San Diego, Diego Rivera Mural at Exekatlikalli, Los Flamingos Hotel, and Our Lady of Solitude Cathedral.
Things to know before you go
- Don’t forget to bring a swimsuit, towel, and sun protection if you plan to spend time at the beach.
- Many of Acapulco’s attractions are within walking distance of the pier, so wear comfortable footwear and weather-appropriate clothing.
- The US Department of State has issued a do not travel advisory for the state of Guerrero including Alcapulco. Although tourists are rarely targeted, those considering a visit should consider their government’s travel advisories.
How to get to Acapulco from the Acapulco Cruise Port
The main square of Acapulco is a 5-minute walk from the cruise terminal in Old Acapulco, just below the Fort of San Diego. For other sites further afield, take a taxi or ride the public bus that runs along the strip.
The official language of Mexico is Spanish, although most tourist-oriented businesses in Acapulco have English interpreters. The official currency is the peso, though many shops will accept US dollars. The very basic cruise terminal has restrooms, an internet station, and a few souvenir shops.
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Central Highlands