Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
March 14-Sep 30: 9:30am-6:30pm, Oct 1-Nov 14: 10am-5pm
Place du 9ème Bataillon, Merville-Franceville-Plage, France, 14810
There is a Merville Battery Museum in Merville-Franceville, which contains a reconstituted gun chamber, an educational trail as well as a sounds & lights show. Merville Battery is located at Place du 9ème Bataillon in Merville-Franceville, just 25 kilometers northwest of Caen via route N814, D515 and D514. The visit takes about half an hour. The Battery is open between 9:30am to 6:30pm between March 14 and September 30, and from 10am to 5pm between October 1 and November 14. Entry costs €6 per adult and €3.50 per child aged 6 to 16 years old.
Normandy Battlefields Day Trip: Omaha, Sword & British Airborne Sector (A1B2)
$129.44 per adult
WW 11 So SAD for all the young lives lost
Everything was perfect including the weather. Our guide was knowledgeable and personable. This is all I have time for 😃
Suzette_N, May 2023
Why you are seeing this
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)?
Attractions near Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville):
What else should I know about attractions in Bayeux?
As well as visiting the Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville), check out these trip ideas to make the most of your visit:
- Sword Beach
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Juno Beach Centre (Centre Juno Beach)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Bayeux War Cemetery
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Omaha Beach