Top Big Island of Hawaii Kayaking Tours
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Cruises & Sailing
Swim with Dolphins
Likely To Sell Out
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
14 results | All Big Island of Hawaii Tours
4-hours Ocean Kayak Tours from Hawaii
Enjoy an aquatic adventure on the Big Island during this 4-hour small-group excursion combining sea kayaking, snorkeling, and more. Paddle along a section of the island known for its abundant marine life as you scout for local Hawaiian Spinner dolphins. You’ll also have time for snorkeling, allow you to view more than 50 species of fish and join in for adventurous activities like cliff jumping.
Manta Ray Snorkeling by Night in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Enjoy the rare opportunity to see wild manta rays in their natural environment along Hawaii's Kona Coast. With this small-group cruise, set sail at night when the manta rays are most active and use a lighted floatation device to attract plankton—the rays' food of choice. With an experienced guide to ensure a safe experience for all parties, head into the water to float and snorkel as you admire the rays in action.
Guided Outrigger Canoe Tour in Kealakekua Bay
Skip the usual boat tours and embark upon a Hawaiian style kayak adventure in a traditional outrigger canoe. These double-hull canoes are known for providing stability and smooth rides; all the better to experience Kealakekua Bay with minimal exertion. Learn about the history of the bay, one of the most sacred in Hawaii; its mysterious caves, and how people lived there, from guides whose families are connected to the area.
Kayak Snorkel Capt. Cook Monu. See Dolphins in Kealakekua Bay, Big Island (5 Hr)
The rocky coves, vibrant coral reefs, and glittering waters of Kealakekua Bay are among Hawaii's most visited destinations. With this tour, admire the views from the water as you paddle around the bay by kayak. See the Captain Cook Monument, look out for Hawaiian spinner dolphins, and stop to swim and snorkel along the corals.
Historic Hilo Bay Waterfalls by Kayak
Explore the black-sand beaches and palm-fringed shores of Hilo Bay from the water. Set out on a 2-hour guided kayak tour and paddle your way to quiet coves and hidden waterfalls. Admire magnificent views of Hilo town and Moku Ola (Coconut Island), stop to refuel with water and snacks by the seafront, and cool off with a swim before heading back to Hilo.
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Have a unique Big Island experience snorkeling with manta rays on this tour. Led by a local guide, you’ll take a short cruise out to the manta site, where you’ll watch the beautiful Hawaiian sunset before dipping into the water to watch the manta rays up close. All necessary equipment will be provided for your excursion, as well as light refreshments and snacks to enjoy on board. Your tour will conclude at its original departure point. If you don't see manta rays on this excursion, book again for another night--no charge.
Captain Cook /Kealakekua Bay
There are few places in all of Hawaii more historic than Kealakekua Bay, as it's the spot where Captain Cook was killed in a skirmish with native Hawaiians, and the Hawaiian monarch, King Kamehameha III was born just a few miles away. The history aside, it's also one of the best places to snorkel on the Big Island of Hawaii, and you'll have the chance to experience the beauty on this snorkeling tour from Kona. Search for dolphins on the way to the bay while admiring the volcanic coast, and after scouring the red for coral and fish, climb aboard for a lunch that's served by the friendly crew.
Historical Dinner Cruise to Kealakekua Bay
Journey back in time — when ancient, powerful Kings ruled the rugged, fertile land of the Hawaiian Islands — on this 3-hour dinner cruise to Kealakekua Bay. Travel 12 miles down the Kona Coast to the Captain Cook monument. Learn the many secrets of the Big Island as a local historian points out more than 50 points of interest along the way.
Afternoon Kealakekua Snorkel Tour
Take a Kealakekua Bay snorkeling cruise, and depart from the waters of Keauhou Bay to scour the Kona coastline for dolphins, turtles or, even, whales in the winter months. Upon arrival in Kealakekua Bay, peer overboard at the crystal clear waters that teem with colorful reef fish. After receiving expert instruction and snorkeling equipment onboard, you'll jump in the water to experience some of the best snorkeling on the Big Island.
Afternoon Sail & Snorkel to the Captain Cook Monument
Sail up the scenic Kona coastline, getting views of ancient lava flows and verdant cliffs, and stopping at the Captain Cook Monument, on this afternoon sail in Kealakekua Bay. Slip into the water using the provided snorkeling gear to see vibrant schools of fish, living coral, and even pods of spinner dolphins. Learn about the area's underwater flora, fauna, and ecosystem through guided commentary.
Manta Magic - Night Manta Ray Snorkel At Manta Village, Kona, Hawaii
Get up close with Hawaii’s graceful manta rays during this nighttime snorkel experience along the Kona coast with a small group. Watch these gentle giants as they swoop and dive for plankton just below the surface during their evening feeding. An on-board manta ray specialist, along with a certified swim guide, ensure an informative and safe experience.
Wailoa River to King Kamehameha Statue SUP Adventure
Get a new perspective on Hilo by exploring it from the water. This small-group stand up paddle tour takes you along the peaceful Wailoa River and under the graceful dragon arches of the Japanese-style bridges. As you glide, you'll spot native birds and fish; take a break at the King Kamehameha Statue, and learn more about the history of the Big Island.
Wailoa River to King Kamehameha Statue Kayak Adventure
If you've already explored the Big Island, Hawaii at the ground level, experience Hilo from a whole new perspective. This small-group kayak tour takes you up the Wailoa River and under the graceful dragon arches of the Japanese-style bridges. Look out for birds and fish as you paddle; see the King Kamehameha statue, and learn all about the history of the Big Island from your guide.
Historic Hilo Bay and Coconut Island Guided Kayak Adventure
Enjoy a unique experience of Hilo Bay with this small-group guided kayak adventure, which takes you to places than many travelers miss. Visit Coconut Island, an ancient Pu'uhonua or "Place of Refuge," then make your way across Hilo Bay and under the Singing Bridge to the longest river in the Hawaiian Islands. As you paddle, your guide will provide in-depth insights into local culture and legends.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kayaking Tours in Big Island of Hawaii?
The best Kayaking Tours in Big Island of Hawaii according to Viator travelers are:
What Kayaking Tours in Big Island of Hawaii are taking additional safety precautions?
These Big Island of Hawaii experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Kayaking Tours in Big Island of Hawaii are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Big Island of Hawaii may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Water
- Catamaran Cruises
- Dinner Cruises
- Kayaking Tours
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Kahaluu Beach Park Tours & Tickets
- Naha Stone Tours & Tickets
- Captain Cook Monument Tours & Tickets
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park Tours & Tickets
- Hawi Tours & Tickets
- Honokohau Harbor Tours & Tickets
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory Tours & Tickets
- Kalapana Tours & Tickets
- Isaac Hale Beach Park Tours & Tickets
- Kohala Coast Tours & Tickets
- Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & Tickets
- Honopua Farm Tours & Tickets
- Kailua Pier Tours & Tickets
- Anaeho'omalu Bay Tours & Tickets
- Hualalai Volcano Tours & Tickets
- Kaumana Caves State Park Tours & Tickets
- Kilauea Iki Crater Tours & Tickets
- Kahua Ranch Tours & Tickets
- Waikoloa Village Tours & Tickets
- Liliuokalani Gardens Tours & Tickets
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets