Top Big Island of Hawaii Surfing Lessons
On the Water
Likely To Sell Out
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Cruises & Sailing
When are you traveling?
Swim with Dolphins
Time of Day
15 results | All Big Island of Hawaii Tours
Small-Group Surf Lesson on the Big Island
You’ll never forget the thrill of standing up and riding your very first wave, and the entire experience is made even better when shared with family or friends. With the small-group surf lesson on the Big Island of Hawaii, allow an expert, local instructor to teach you the basics of surfing, from the proper method of paddling out to how to stand up on the wave. Here in the waters of Kahalu’u Bay, your instructor will be there right by your side with tips and helpful suggestions — and may even assist with a little push to get you up and riding.
Group Surf Lesson in Kona Hawaii
Learn to surf in one of the world's most celebrated surfing destinations with this small-group lesson. Your instructor will meet you and your group in Kahaluu Bay, where you’ll learn about everything from safety to etiquette. And before the lesson is over, you’ll get the chance to take to the waves yourself.
Private Surf Experience
Learn to surf in one of the world’s most famous surfing locations, Hawaii, with a private instructor. Head to Kahaluu Beach Park, known for its gentle waves, and don your provided surf gear to begin your lesson. Get tips from a professional surfer and then take to the waves. Since this is a private lesson, you receive undivided attention from your private instructor while you are in the water.
Kona Surf Lesson in Kahaluu
Surfing is an essential part of Hawaiian culture but, if you're new to the sport, you'll need someone to show you the ropes before you dive in. This experience teaches you how to surf in a fun, safe and easy-going environment with a ratio of just three students to one instructor who will make sure that you ride a wave.
Private Surf Lesson on the Big Island
It’s widely believed that the sport of surfing was invented here in Hawaii, and the calm waters of Kahalu’u Bay are the perfect spot to learn. During this private Kona surf lesson, you’ll learn from an expert, local instructor how to paddle and balance on the board, and how to stand up, ride the wave, and paddle back out for more. This tour is perfect for novice surfers or those with little experience, and by the end of this 2-hour surf lesson in Kona, you’ll have the skills to ride the waves like Hawaiian surfers of old.
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii
Have a unique Big Island experience snorkeling with manta rays on this tour. Led by a local guide, you’ll take a short cruise out to the manta site, where you’ll watch the beautiful Hawaiian sunset before dipping into the water to watch the manta rays up close. All necessary equipment will be provided for your excursion, as well as light refreshments and snacks to enjoy on board. Your tour will conclude at its original departure point. If you don't see manta rays on this excursion, book again for another night--no charge.
Half Day Morning Charter
It’s time to level up your Hawaii adventures: climb aboard the Kona Cowboy, and you’re in for a private big-game fishing adventure at sea. Cruising away from Kailua-Kona in a 40’ sport-fishing boat, Capt. Shawn will show you the ropes, get you trolling when you’re ready, and help you reel in that lifetime catch. Set your sights on blue marlin, mahi-mahi, tuna, and more—and don’t forget to enjoy the ride.
Wake Up With the Whales Cruise
Go in search of humpback whales as they pass through the waters off Hawaii on their annual migration. Cruise out in a comfortable and stable catamaran along the Kohala Coast. Enjoy expert commentary from an onboard naturalist, and the change to listen to whale songs with the underwater hydrophones. Snacks and beverages, including alcohol, are all included. Humpback whale sightings are guaranteed, or you can cruise again.
Whale Watching On The Big Island
Hawaii’s Big Island is home to migrating pods of humpback whales, which often breach as they build up energy for their northward migration. This narrated tour brings you to some of the best viewing grounds via 24-person catamaran. You’re able to hear the whales singing through the provided hydrophones. The tour provider guarantees whale sightings or the next trip is free.
Private Tour: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Eco Tour
Explore the world’s most active volcano on a private eco tour around Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. These 3- and 6-hour, education-based explorations focus on the native flora and fauna, the geology and the amazing Hawaiian culture that still thrives on the volcano today. Experience the highlights of Kilauea’s summit area, including a sunset eruption viewing or hike to both the hidden and highlight areas of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Hilo Shore Excursion: Volcanoes National Park, Rainbow Falls and Highlights
Sample a cross-section of outdoor sights on the Big Island during this shore excursion exploring Volcanoes National Park, waterfall, black sand beach and more. Discover the postcard-perfect Rainbow Falls before visiting the amazing volcanic steam vents and unique geology around Kilauea Volcano. Before your day is done, check out an ornamental Japanese garden, snack on treats at a local candy shop, and visit a gorgeous black sand beach. A guide, park entrance fees, and round-trip port transport are included.
Keauhou Manta Ray Night Snorkel in Kailua-Kona, HI
Have the opportunity to admire wild manta rays in their natural habitat on this evening cruise. Set sail after dark, when the manta rays come out to feed on plankton, and use a custom-made lightboard that attracts the rays. Float through the warm waters for up to 40 minutes, use your snorkel to watch as the rays swim and feed, and learn more about the majestic creatures from your guide.
Surf with the Pros
Hawaii is one of the world’s premier surfing locations and you can learn to surf on the Big Island during this small-group surf lesson. Don your surf gear and head to Kahaluu Beach Park, known for its gentle waves, for a lesson on the basics from a professional surfer. Then, head to the water and try to catch some waves while your instructor observes from the beach.
2-Hour Guided Private Surf Lesson in Kona
As the birthplace of the sport, there's something very special about surfing in Hawaii. Don't worry if you don't know how. This private surfing lesson at Kona's Kahalu'u Beach Park covers all the fundamentals of surfing, including proper technique and etiquette, and will have you riding your first wave.
Big Island Surf Lesson from Hilo
Eastside of the Big Island Hawaii Surf lessons. We will provide lesson to your group, adult private, children private, or family package.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Surfing Lessons in Big Island of Hawaii?
The best Surfing Lessons in Big Island of Hawaii according to Viator travelers are:
What Surfing Lessons in Big Island of Hawaii are taking additional safety precautions?
These Big Island of Hawaii experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Surfing Lessons in Big Island of Hawaii are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Big Island of Hawaii may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Sports Lessons
- Surfing Lessons
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Fishing Charters
- Sea Caving
- Surfing Lessons
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Unique Experiences
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Akatsuka Orchid Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Banyan Drive Tours & Tickets
- Kalapana Tours & Tickets
- Hawi Tours & Tickets
- Kolekole Falls Tours & Tickets
- Royal Kona Coffee Center Tours & Tickets
- Naha Stone Tours & Tickets
- Kaʻu Coffee Mill Tours & Tickets
- Isaac Hale Beach Park Tours & Tickets
- Honaunau Bay Tours & Tickets
- Kaumana Caves State Park Tours & Tickets
- Honopua Farm Tours & Tickets
- Original King Kamehameha Statue Tours & Tickets
- Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & Tickets
- Honokohau Harbor Tours & Tickets
- Thurston Lava Tube (Nahuku) Tours & Tickets
- Kapaau Tours & Tickets
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park Tours & Tickets
- Kona Coffee Living History Farm Tours & Tickets
- Mauna Loa Tours & Tickets
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets