Top East Iceland Glacier Walks
Art & Culture
Travel & Transportation Services
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
How to Get Around
Likely To Sell Out
On the Ground
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
7 results | All East Iceland Tours
Natural Blue Ice Cave Tour of Vatnajökull Glacier from Jökulsárlón
Go on a memorable adventure on this guided trip to an ice cave in Vatnajökull National Park, and let your driver manage a Jeep ride from Jökulsárlón to the base of Vatnajökull. Once you arrive, you are given all the equipment you need—crampons and helmets—to walk on the glacier and enter the cave safely. Then, learn about the history of the caves and their seasonal changes, and be able to choose to explore the cave on your own or with a guide.
Skaftafell Glacier Hike 3-Hour Small Group Tour
The Vatnajökull glacier ranks among Iceland’s top natural attractions, but exploring the icy terrain without a guide is dangerous. On this half-day tour, delve into the Skaftafell National Park with a certified guide and discover a world of ice formations and deep crevasses. With all the necessary safety equipment included, enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
Skaftafell Ice Caving & Glacier Hike
Head out on a thrilling ice adventure to the Skaftafell Ice Cave from Hofn. Traverse Europe’s largest glacier, and Iceland’s highest mountain range, to reach the entrance of the ice cave. Admire the beauty of the natural landmarks with its blue walls and ice formations as you venture inside the cave with your guide and ice picking equipment.
Skaftafell Ice Climbing & Glacier Hike
Hike along the Svínafellsjökull Glacier and climb a blue ice wall on this half-day experience from Skaftafell. Suitable for beginners, the hike combines expert tuition and safety briefings with spectacular mountain scenery. Take in the glacial sights as you climb and hike, and learn about the ice formations as you go. Even better, all equipment is included, so you don't need to bring a thing.
Small Group 3 Hour Aurora Ice Cave from Jökulsárlón
Exploring Iceland’s glaciers can be a daunting prospect without the right equipment and experience, but with this tour—glacier gear and safety equipment are provided, and a guide leads the way. Venture inside an ice cave to see its spectacular blue walls, and learn where to find the most spectacular natural beauty in Vatnajökull National Park.
Full Day on Vatnajökull Adventurous Glacier Exploration Hike
On this adventurous day, you will hike beyond the crowds to explore further reaches of an outlet glacier of Vatnajökull. We deliver the lowest guest to guide ratio (6:1) on the market, meaning we can deliver high quality hikes that involve more adventure. You could end up discovering temporary features on the glacier that you and no one else has ever ventured into or getting into tight places that larger groups cannot. You'll be informed on the surrounding nature and landscape formation by experienced and knowledgeable guides to make the experience more meaningful and giving you a newfound love of glaciers.
Private Summer Ice Cave & Ice Climbing - 25 Shot Photo Package
We are the only tour company in Iceland that offers photo packages with every tour. With this activity, you will get to experience both the caves and ice climbing to the fullest for your private group. Each person will receive 25 professionally edited photographs sent via Google Drive within the week after your hike. These include personalised landscapes, portraits, and group shots from your adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Glacier Walks in East Iceland?
The best Glacier Walks in East Iceland according to Viator travelers are:
What Glacier Walks in East Iceland are taking additional safety precautions?
These East Iceland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Glacier Walks in East Iceland are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in East Iceland may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in Vik
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- Molokini Crater
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Na Pali Coast
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Great Barrier Reef
- Tower of London
- Ellis Island
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets