Top East Iceland Half-day Tours
Tours by Duration
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
How to Get Around
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Likely To Sell Out
On the Ground
Private and Luxury
Tickets & Passes
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
8 results | All East Iceland Tours
Glacier Hike from Skaftafell - Extra Small Group
Many glacier tours in Vatnajökull National Park require travelers to walk from the parking lot to the glacier terminus, eating into their time on the ice. On this tour, maximize your time on Falljökull glacier by traveling as near as possible in a four-wheel-drive vehicle. Explore moulins, crevasses, and other formations in the company of an Association of Icelandic Mountain Guides-certified guide.
Skaftafell Adventure Tour - 5-Hour Expedition
Immerse yourself in the natural wonders of Iceland's Skaftafell National Park on this extended glacier hiking tour, which allows more time on this glacier than most other tours. As you hike over the ice, past deep crevasses, pale moulins, and ice sculptures, and take in panoramic views over the park, your guide shares insights into glaciers, how they are formed and impacted by climate change. Includes all necessary safety gear.
Glacier Hike and Ice Cave Half-Day Tour from Skaftafell
This demanding hiking tour offers a chance to explore an Icelandic glacier, inside and out. The challenging half-day tour takes you from Skaftafell National Park Base Camp to the Falljökull outlet glacier, a dramatic landscape of deep ice crevasses. A trek across the glacier tongue will lead you to a stunning natural ice cave that is only accessible with an experienced glacier guide.
Half-Day Vatnajokull Glacier Small Group Tour from Skaftafell
Enjoy a safe and stress-free visit to Vatnajökull Glacier with this guided half-day tour. No need to worry if you’ve never been hiking near glaciers before, as a harness, crampons, and an ice axe are provided, and a teacher shows you how to use the gear. During the trip, visit Vatnajokull Glacier, and spend time exploring the icefall of Falljökull.
Small-Group 3.5 Hour Blue Ice Experience in Vatnajökull National Park
The Skaftafell-Vatnajökull National Park is home to Europe’s largest glacier and the icy landscapes offer a dramatic backdrop for a hiking adventure. This guided glacier hike across Falljökull Glacier ensures a personalized experience, with a small group of up to 15 participants, and full instruction provided.
5-hour Glacier Adventure From Skaftafell
The Svínafellsjökull glacier is part of Europe’s largest glacier and the icy landscapes offer a dramatic backdrop for a hiking adventure. This morning or afternoon guided glacier hike in the Skaftafell-Vatnajökull National Park ensures a personalized experience, with a small group of up to eight participants, and full instruction provided.
Extra Small-Group Glacier Walk in Skaftafell National Park
Journey into Skaftafell National Park and enjoy a more personalized experience of one of Vatnajökull's outlet glaciers. This small-group tour is limited to just eight people so you can be sure of your guide's full attention as you embark on a walk across the glacier, admiring its deep crevasses and narrow ridges as you explore.
Ice Climbing Captured - Professional Photos Included in Iceland
We are the only tour company in Iceland that offers photo packages along with the smallest group sizes of any glacier tour operator. Every glacier hike through Ice Pic Journeys includes photos from your tour. Each person will receive 2 professionally edited photographs sent via Google Drive within the week after your hike.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Half-day Tours in East Iceland?
The best Half-day Tours in East Iceland according to Viator travelers are:
What Half-day Tours in East Iceland are taking additional safety precautions?
These East Iceland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Half-day Tours in East Iceland are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in East Iceland may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in Vik
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- Molokini Crater
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Na Pali Coast
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Great Barrier Reef
- Tower of London
- Ellis Island
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets