Top Activities on the Ground in East Iceland
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
Tours by Duration
How to Get Around
Likely To Sell Out
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Tickets & Passes
Private and Luxury
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
11 results | All East Iceland Tours
Glacier Hike from Skaftafell - Extra Small Group
Many glacier tours in Vatnajökull National Park require travelers to walk from the parking lot to the glacier terminus, eating into their time on the ice. On this tour, maximize your time on Falljökull glacier by traveling as near as possible in a four-wheel-drive vehicle. Explore moulins, crevasses, and other formations in the company of an Association of Icelandic Mountain Guides-certified guide.
Small Group Glacier Wonders Adventure From Skaftafell
Discover one of the gems of southern Iceland on this glacier hike in Skaftafell National Park. Head from Skaftafell to the edge of the spectacular Vatnajokull glacier. Learn how to use your climbing equipment, then hike out through the glacier valley and up onto the ice. Follow your guide on a route past open crevasses and frozen ice-caves, and admire breathtaking views over the landscape beyond. During your family-friendly trip, learn how glaciers are formed and marvel at the scale of the mighty glacier.
Skaftafell Adventure Tour - 5-Hour Expedition
Immerse yourself in the natural wonders of Iceland's Skaftafell National Park on this extended glacier hiking tour, which allows more time on this glacier than most other tours. As you hike over the ice, past deep crevasses, pale moulins, and ice sculptures, and take in panoramic views over the park, your guide shares insights into glaciers, how they are formed and impacted by climate change. Includes all necessary safety gear.
Glacier Hike and Ice Cave Half-Day Tour from Skaftafell
This demanding hiking tour offers a chance to explore an Icelandic glacier, inside and out. The challenging half-day tour takes you from Skaftafell National Park Base Camp to the Falljökull outlet glacier, a dramatic landscape of deep ice crevasses. A trek across the glacier tongue will lead you to a stunning natural ice cave that is only accessible with an experienced glacier guide.
Half-Day Vatnajokull Glacier Small Group Tour from Skaftafell
Enjoy a safe and stress-free visit to Vatnajökull Glacier with this guided half-day tour. No need to worry if you’ve never been hiking near glaciers before, as a harness, crampons, and an ice axe are provided, and a teacher shows you how to use the gear. During the trip, visit Vatnajokull Glacier, and spend time exploring the icefall of Falljökull.
Vatnajokull Small Group Glacier Hike From Skaftafell
Trek deep into the Skaftafell National Park and marvel at Iceland’s beauty on this adventurous 5-hour glacier hike. Travel by bus into the Skaftafell National Park as a guide sheds light on the region’s geology. Pull on your hiking gear and head along rugged trails to the tongue of the Virkisjökull Glacier — widely considered the park’s most impressive feature. Along the way, discover the crevasses, ice caves and waterfalls for which the region is famous and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
Full Day on Vatnajökull Adventurous Glacier Exploration Hike
On this adventurous day, you will hike beyond the crowds to explore further reaches of an outlet glacier of Vatnajökull. We deliver the lowest guest to guide ratio (6:1) on the market, meaning we can deliver high quality hikes that involve more adventure. You could end up discovering temporary features on the glacier that you and no one else has ever ventured into or getting into tight places that larger groups cannot. You'll be informed on the surrounding nature and landscape formation by experienced and knowledgeable guides to make the experience more meaningful and giving you a newfound love of glaciers.
Evening Glacier Walk from Skaftafell - Extra Small Group
• Certified guides Our guides have certification from AIMG (Association of Icelandic Mountain Guides). • Small groups The group size for our trips never exceeds 8 people. • 4x4 drive We will drive you all the way to the glacier. That means more time we can spend on ice. • Evening departure (June - August) If you want to avoid the crowds join us for our evening tour and enjoy the complete silence.
Small Group Day Tour to Lakagigar volcano by Super Jeep from Klaustur
The Laki Craters are famous for their beauty, but getting there is famously difficult. A guided Jeep tour makes it possible to see the craters safely, with all transportation provided by specialty Jeeps engineered for Iceland’s rugged environment. After a hike through the glaciers, continue on a second hike to the Tjarnargígur pond crater, explore hidden waterfalls, and visit the beautiful Fjadrargljufur Canyon before returning to your Kirkjubæjarklaustur hotel.
Half-day Canyoning under Vatnajökull
We are the only operators of a canyoning adventure experience in Iceland! Perfect on a sunny day or even a smart way to do an activity on a wet & windy day where you can embrace the elements by jumping, sliding and abseiling in waterfalls and blue pools beneath the Vatnajökull Ice Cap.
The Summer Ice Cave - 20 Shot Photo Package
Exploring an Icelandic glacier is an experience not to be forgotten. This small-group tour, led by a professional photographer/glacier guide, provides you with the images that will help create long-lasting memories. As you explore Falljökull, one of Iceland’s most scenic outlet glaciers, your guide will take photographs of you to capture the experience and make the perfect souvenir.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best On the Ground in East Iceland?
The best On the Ground in East Iceland according to Viator travelers are:
What On the Ground in East Iceland are taking additional safety precautions?
These East Iceland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What On the Ground in East Iceland are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in East Iceland may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in Vik
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- Molokini Crater
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Na Pali Coast
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Great Barrier Reef
- Tower of London
- Ellis Island
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets