Hard Rock Cafe Florence
Shake up the Renaissance with a little rock and roll at the Hard Rock Café Florence—one of the brand’s scores of music-themed restaurants worldwide. Rock aficionados can peruse the impressive collection of memorabilia that covers this shrine to 20th-century music while satisfying cravings for classic American dishes.
Hard Rock Cafes attract music fans in cities across the globe with their rollicking rock-and-roll soundtrack, relaxed diner-inspired menus, and museum-quality artifacts marking the history of contemporary rock music. The Florence outpost is a popular attraction among music fans and young travelers, so skip-the-line tickets are a must to dine at the bustling two-story restaurant. You can also visit the themed gift shop to purchase branded Hard Rock Cafe Florence souvenirs—including the iconic guitar-shaped pins that loyal fans collect from each location.
Things to know before you go
- With its lighthearted burger-joint atmosphere and kid-friendly menu, this is a fun dining option for families.
- The complex includes a restaurant with several themed areas, outside seating under the portico, a cocktail bar, and a coffee shop—all decorated with the Hard Rock’s famous collection of rock memorabilia.
- The in-house Rock Shop® stocks branded souvenirs and apparel.
- The kitchen does not close between lunch and dinner like most restaurants in Florence, so you can stop for a bite in the mid-afternoon if you’re feeling peckish.
- The ground-floor dining rooms are wheelchair-accessible.
How to get there
Hard Rock Cafe Florence is located in Piazza della Repubblica—one of the main squares in the center of the city, and a short walk from the train station and main attractions like the Duomo and the Uffizi Gallery.
When to get there
Italian restaurants are generally open only at mealtimes—around 12:30pm to 3pm and around 7:30pm to 10pm—and they typically close in the afternoon. Hard Rock Cafe Florence instead serves non-stop from noon until midnight—or 1am on the weekend—so is the perfect option if you are still adjusting to later meals in Italy and are hungry in the late afternoon before other restaurants are serving dinner.
The Rock-and-Roll Collection at Hard Rock Cafe Florence
Golden records, classic guitars, concert costumes, and other rock memorabilia decorate the two floors at Hard Rock Cafe Florence. Highlights include one-of-a-kind pieces such as Jimmy Hendrix’s hippie shirt; an old Cavern Club membership card, signed by all of the Fab Four; a handwritten draft of Prince’s The Glamorous Life; one of Elvis Presley’s red shirts; a hat worn by Bono from U2, during their 1987 “The Joshua Tree” tour; and guitars belonging to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, and The Who.
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Umbria
- Florence Baptistery (Battistero di San Giovanni)
- Giotto's Bell Tower (Campanile di Giotto)
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Opera del Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo)
- Medici Chapels
- Palazzo Strozzi
- Brunelleschi's Dome (Cupola del Brunelleschi)
- Basilica of San Lorenzo (Basilica di San Lorenzo)
- Orsanmichele Church and Museum (Chiesa e Museo di Orsanmichele)
- Palazzo Davanzati
- Medici Riccardi Palace (Palazzo Medici Riccardi)
- Piazza di Santa Maria Novella
- Florence Duomo (Cattedrale di Santa Maria dei Fiori)
- Basilica of Santa Maria Novella (Basilica di Santa Maria Novella)
- Fountain of Neptune