A visit to Maison Cailler is a treat for the senses (especially the taste buds), in that visitors can taste, touch, smell, and see all stages of chocolate making. It’s also a chance to learn about the history of chocolate production. Travelers can visit the chocolaterie independently, or join a guided tour that includes stops at other attractions in the region, including wine- and cheese-related destinations.
Recent reviews from experiences in Geneva
Things to Know Before You Go
Kids under 16 get free admission when accompanied by an adult.
Allow 60 to 90 minutes to tour the chocolaterie.
This attraction is wheelchair accessible.
Interactive guides are available in a wide variety of languages, including English.
How to Get There
The chocolaterie is located in Broc. Drivers can take the Bulle Highway exit and follow the H189 in the direction of Charmey-Jaun. Free parking is available, and train service also runs between Montreaux and Broc.
When to Get There
Wait times to enter the chocolaterie can be two hours or more on public holidays and weekends, when the weather is bad, and during midsummer. It’s best to come during the week to avoid the crowds and minimize the wait.
Visiting La Maison du Gruyère
In addition to chocolate, Switzerland is also famous for its excellent cheese. Gruyère is one variety, and in the town of the same name, visitors can stop at La Maison du Gruyère cheese factory to learn all about the cheese-making process. Combine visits to Maison Cailler and La Maison du Gruyère to enjoy a full day of delicious Swiss delicacies.
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Lavaux Vineyard Terraces
- Lake Geneva (Lac Léman)
- Martin Bodmer Foundation (Fondation Martin Bodmer)
- Penthes Estate (Le Domaine du Château de Penthes)
- Palais des Nations
- Geneva Water Fountains (Jet d’Eau)
- Ariana Museum (Musée Ariana)
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum
- Museum of Natural History (Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle de Suisse)
- Brunswick Monument
- English Garden (Jardin Anglais)
- Flower Clock (Horloge Fleurie)
- Rousseau Island (Ile Rousseau)
- Baur Foundation, Museum of Far Eastern Art
- International Museum of the Reformation (Musée International de la Réforme)