Top Hofn Walking Tours
Private Sightseeing Tours
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Likely To Sell Out
When are you traveling?
Private Sightseeing Tours
Time of Day
8 results | All Hofn Tours
Ice Cave Tour with a local family owned company from Jökulsárlón
Spend time in an ice cave and get up close to the blazing blue formations inside Vatnajökull (Vatna Glacier). Trek with an expert guide across the ice cap of Iceland’s most voluminous glacier — and Europe’s largest. Bring your camera for plenty of photo ops of what will unquestionably be an unforgettable experience. Numbers are limited on this tour to ensure a small-group experience.
Vatnajökull Glacier Walk from Hali
Discover the frozen enchantment of Vatnajökull National Park on an exhilarating 4-hour Glacier Walk with an expert guide. Enjoy a rip-roaring ride in a powerful 4x4 vehicle, admiring the spectacular frozen tableaux of the landscape surrounding the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon as you travel. Then, don your crampons and spend some leisurely exploration time hiking the ice-smothered scenery around the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon.
Ice Cave and Glacier walk into blue glacier canyon
With their rising popularity, Iceland’s ice caves can get crowded. This half-day adventure gets you inside a more remote ice cave, where you’ll have ample time to contemplate and photograph its natural splendor. Meet your guide at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, then arrive at the destination by vehicle and on foot. All necessary safety equipment is included.
Ice Cave and Glacier Exploration Tour of Vatnajökull from Jökulsárlón
Experience the chilling beauty of Iceland’s glaciers on this private ice cave tour in Vatnajökull National Park. You’ll meet your guide at the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and travel by huge-wheeled super jeep out to the glacier. With crampons, ice axe, and other ice hiking equipment, you’ll make a 6-10 km trek across the glacier while exploring the mysterious crevices and ice caves of this sublime landscape.
Crystal Ice Cave Adventure
Photo opportunities abound at Vatnajökull, Europe's largest glacier. This half-day guided tour takes you inside an ice cave to experience the wonders of southeast Iceland up close. Ride round-trip in a Jeep and expect to walk over some rough terrain. Helmet, ice axe, harness, and crampons are provided.
Ice Exploration Tour from Jökulsárlón
Trek across a magnificent glacier on this tour of one of Iceland’s natural treasures. The adventure starts at the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, where you’ll meet your guide and receive instruction on how to walk on glaciers. You’ll then make your way by super jeep to the Breiðamerkurjökull glacier, where you’ll take an 6-10 km hike across the ice.
Picking wild berries and making your own jam
With the help of your native host, you will experience the local culture of berry picking and learn jam making. These berries that you will be picking can only be found in the wild and cannot be farmed as they can only grow on moss found on volcanic rocks.
Private Blue Ice Cave Tour (from Jokulsarlon)
Blue Ice Cave - This natural phenomenon is undeniably the most awesome and mesmerising in Iceland. As it forms naturally every winter under the glacier, our guides have to search for them every winter since their location is not the same. Throughout the winter, the shape, size, structure and position of Blue Ice Cave keeps changing as the ice melts during the day and freezes again during the night. Let our professional guide explain to you the how and what and why. Come and be awed by mother nature.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Walking Tours in Hofn?
The best Walking Tours in Hofn according to Viator travelers are:
What Walking Tours in Hofn are taking additional safety precautions?
These Hofn experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Walking Tours in Hofn are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Hofn may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in Vik
- Things to do in Akureyri
- Things to do in Fludir
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in Kirkwall
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Fort William
- Things to do in East Iceland
- Things to do in North Iceland
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Molokini Crater
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Na Pali Coast
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
- Tower of London
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets