Carroll Shelby Museum
Opened in 2014, the Shelby Heritage Center includes the factory, a museum, and a gift shop. Find out more about the specialty car manufacturer’s history and founder, and get up close to many of the cars—including classic Mustangs, the very first Shelby Cobra, and more recent productions. Tours include a visit to the factory, where an area is sectioned off for viewing.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Shelby Heritage Center is a must for car enthusiasts and historians.
Don’t confuse the Shelby Heritage Center with the Shelby American Collection in Boulder, Colorado—the latter features cars donated by owners and collectors.
How to Get There
Located adjacent to Interstate 15 in Las Vegas, the Shelby Heritage Center is about 10 minutes away from the Strip by car. Taxis and rideshares are readily available.
When to Get There
The center is open daily, and guided tours are offered every day but Sunday. If you’re an early riser, get there Saturday morning for the weekly Cars and Coffee event, featuring breakfast food trucks and giveaways. Spring and fall typically see the most pleasant weather—and the biggest crowds.
Drive a Race Car in Las Vegas
If looking at cars isn’t enough, head to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to learn how to maneuver a Ferrari, a Porsche, or maybe a Lamborghini. Get a lesson in the proper driving position, steering techniques, car specs, and racing lines. Then, take several laps around the track on your own.
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in California
- Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
- Las Vegas Sky Zone
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Luxor Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino
- Casino at the Tropicana Las Vegas
- New York - New York Hotel & Casino
- MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Las Vegas CityCenter
- Zombie Burlesque