Long Beach Cruise Terminal
Only Carnival cruises operate out of Long Beach Cruise Terminal. If you have time before or after your cruise, you will find plenty to do and see in Long Beach and Los Angeles. Those with limited time can still explore the luxury 1930s liner, RMS Queen Mary, docked right next to the cruise terminal. The Aquarium of the Pacific is also located nearby, as are several museums, including the Long Beach Museum of Art. Or enjoy some time in the sun and water at Alamitos Beach, Junipero Beach, or Peninsula Beach. Visitors with more time can explore further afield in Los Angeles, in popular areas such as Hollywood, Beverly Hills, or Malibu.
Recent reviews from experiences in Long Beach
Things to Know Before You Go
- There are several cruise terminals in and around Los Angeles; be sure you know which terminal your ship arrives and departs from.
- Passengers are not permitted inside the terminal until their designated check-in time.
- Porters with red caps are available to assist with luggage and bags.
- Passengers requiring wheelchair assistance will have to make arrangements with Carnival; the cruise terminal does not provide wheelchair assistance.
- There are no restaurants inside the terminal, but there are plenty nearby, including on board the Queen Mary.
How to Get to Long Beach From the Long Beach Cruise Terminal
Long Beach Cruise Terminal is located around 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from downtown Long Beach and around 22 miles (35 kilometers) from downtown Los Angeles. Carnival offers paid shuttles between the terminal and both Long Beach Airport and Los Angeles International Airport. Shuttles, taxis, and rideshares are available between the terminal and various points in Long Beach and Los Angeles.
English is the official language. The local currency is the US dollar, and ATMs are widely available throughout Long Beach and Los Angeles. You can also exchange money at banks. The terminal offers restrooms, air-conditioning, and free Wi-Fi.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona