Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
Hopping aboard the trolley makes it easy to take in all the vineyard views. An entertaining guide provides live commentary as you make your way to four premium wineries along the route. Locations can vary, but include recognizable names like the Benziger Family Winery, Imagery Estate, and BR Cohn in Glen Ellen; or Kunde and Paradise Ridge in Kenwood. A catered lunch from a favorite bistro, The Girl & The Fig, is provided.
Things to know before you go
- All participants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Winery tasting fees are not included in the cost of the tour.
- Additional pickup locations are available for riders staying at hotels around the Sonoma Plaza.
- The trolley entrance has high steps and is not wheelchair-accessible.
How to get there
The trolley picks up passengers in front of City Hall, centrally located on 8th Street East at the Sonoma Plaza. It’s about a 60-minute drive north from San Francisco. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and continue on Highway 101 for about 20 miles (32 kilometers); from Highway 37 it’s less than 10 miles (16 kilometers) to CA-121, then onto CA-12 W/Broadway to reach your destination.
When to get there
Tours typically depart daily from the historic Sonoma Plaza in the morning. Trolleys operate year-round, except on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. The Sonoma Valley is known for its temperate climate, but travelers will find it a fun ride in all seasons.
No Ordinary Guide
This trolley tour is narrated by a local historian and actor who provides wine country tidbits and background on the wineries you may visit. While the wine tasting is the best way to learn about the varietals you’ll sip, your host shares historical trivia on the region, including California Historical Landmarks like the Bear Flag Monument.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon