Normandy Victory Museum
Located between Omaha Beach and Utah Beach, the Normandy Victory Museum is an easy detour from the D-Day beaches and a popular inclusion on Normandy World War II tours. Along with the exhibitions, numerous optional activities are available: ride around the airfield in a tank, simulate a parachute jump and a fighter plane flight, or complete an army-style open-air assault course.
Things to Know Before You Go
The general entrance fee includes a guided 15-minute tour (optional).
Audio guides are available in several different languages, and English translations are provided throughout.
Plan at least 45 minutes to visit the museum—longer if you’ll take part in additional activities.
The museum has a restaurant, gift shop, and picnic areas.
The main areas of the museum are accessible to wheelchairs.
How to Get There
The museum is located in Catz, about a 20-minute drive south of Utah Beach and a 30-minute drive west of Omaha Beach. The easiest way to get there is by vehicle. Alternatively, the closest train station is in Carentan, 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) away.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily throughout the year, except for January, when it’s closed for the entire month. Hours vary depending on the season. Some open-air activities and tours are limited or closed during the winter months, so check ahead before visiting. In July and August, arrive early to book tickets for the assault course and tank tours.
Normandy Victory Museum Exhibitions
The museum houses more than 10,000 WWII relics: military uniforms and documents, weapons and military equipment, tanks and vehicles, and personal items, as well as numerous realistic dioramas. Highlights include two film presentations, an exhibition devoted to the role of women during the war, and an outdoor area with tanks and armored vehicles.
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Burgundy
- D-Day Experience & Dead Man's Corner Museum
- Utah Beach D-Day Museum (Musée du Débarquement)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Pointe du Hoc
- Omaha Beach
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- Bayeux War Cemetery
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)