Parc de Bercy
Established as part of a city-wide beautification project during the mid ’90s, Parc de Bercy has three distinctly-themed gardens within its confines. With huge shady trees, you can often find sunbathers on warm days lounging on the grass and next to the water features in the Grande Prairie. For a more traditional garden setting—complete with an orchard, vineyard, and vegetable and flower beds—walk through Les Parterres section. For a more romantic meander check out Jardin Romantique’s lily pond and public art installations.
Paris’ largest cultural and sporting venue, Bercy Arena, is at the northwest side of the park, as is Bercy Village, a quaint shopping area built in the remnants of Bercy wine cellars.
Things to know before you go
- The park is free and open to the public every day, but can close unexpectedly due to inclement weather.
- Most pathways are wheelchair-accessible.
- Public restrooms are available throughout the park.
How to get there
Reach the park on either Metro line 6 or 14 before taking the Bercy station stop, or take line 14 to Core Saint-Émilion. You can also get to the park on bus line 24 or 87.
When to get there
The park is open every day, and though the shops, boutiques, and restaurants in Bercy Village vary in hours, they’re generally open daily. To experience the super blooms that happen every year in gardens around Paris, consider planning your trip to Parc de Bercy during May.
Explore the Jardin des Plantes
For more leisurely garden strolls check Jardin des Plantes in the Latin Quarter of Paris. This garden is hidden in plain sight. Inside the garden is a lush oasis full of different botanical gardens which include tropical plants, rose gardens, and blossoming cherry trees. You can also visit multiple museums within the garden walls including the botanical, natural history, and evolution museums.
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- French National Library (Bibliotheque Nationale de France)
- Bercy Village
- La Cinémathèque Française
- Museum of Fairground Arts (Musée des Arts Forains)
- Viaduc des Arts
- Marché d’Aligre
- 13th Arrondissement
- Promenade Plantée
- Jardin des Plantes
- French National Museum of Natural History (Musee National d'Histoire Naturelle)
- Aquarium Tropical du Palais de la Porte Dorée
- Manufacture Nationale des Gobelins
- Arab World Institute (Institut du Monde Arabe)