Paris Wine Museum (Musée du Vin Paris)
Descend into the vaulted cellars of the Wine Museum, and explore the various exhibition areas on a self- or audio-guided tour. The standard entrance fee includes a glass of wine or grape juice. Wine lovers can add on different options, such as an expert-led AOC wine tasting, or a sampling of wines paired with regional cheeses or pastries. Alternatively, reserve a table at Les Echansons restaurant—all bookings include entrance to the museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Wine Museum is open to all ages, but alcohol is served only to those over age 18.
Audio guides are available in multiple languages, including English.
The museum has a restaurant (open for lunch only), gift shop, and temporary exhibition area.
The museum is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Located on Charles Dickens Square, the Wine Museum is across the river from the Eiffel Tower. Look for the signs as you approach—the museum entrance can be a little tricky to find. The closest metro station is Passy (Line 6).
When to Get There
The museum is usually open Tuesday through Saturday, and is rarely overcrowded. Saturday morning is generally the quietest time to visit. For the full experience, time your visit to enjoy lunch at Les Echansons, or expand your knowledge of wine by signing up for one of the museum’s master classes, held most Friday and Saturday evenings.
Highlights of the Wine Museum
More than 2,000 artifacts are on display at the Wine Museum, including winemaking equipment spanning the ages and waxwork displays offering a glimpse into the historic winemaking process. Learn how cognac and Champagne are made; admire the sizable collection of bottles, corkscrews, and wine glasses; see artifacts dedicated to Bacchus, the god of wine; and find out what Napoleon’s favorite wine was.
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- National Marine Museum (Musee National de la Marine)
- Palais de Chaillot
- Architecture and Heritage City (Cite de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine)
- Paris Aquarium (Aquarium de Paris)
- Eiffel Tower
- 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant
- Théatre le Ranelagh
- Quai Branly Museum (Musée du Quai Branly)
- Guimet Museum (Musée Guimet)
- Les Ombres Restaurant
- Champs de Mars
- Palais de Tokyo
- Marmottan Monet Museum (Musée Marmottan Monet)
- Paris Sewer Museum (Musée des Égouts de Paris)
- Musée Yves Saint Laurent Paris