SEA LIFE® Aquarium Arizona
Deep-dive into the wonders of the world’s oceans at the SEA LIFE® Aquarium Arizona. Located in Phoenix, it’s a favorite destination for families and home to more than 5,000 fish and marine life; expect to see sharks, sea turtles, rays, octopus, and more.
Discover the marine life of the Colorado River, the Pacific Ocean, and further afield through a series of different exhibition areas, including live coral reefs, a gigantic ocean tank, and interactive tidepools. Look out for blacktip reef sharks, yellow tangs, green sea turtles, and desert pupfish; learn more about local species in Arizona’s Salt River; and find out about ocean conservation efforts around the globe.
For a more in-depth experience, watch the feeding of the sharks; attend one of the daily talks; or head to the tide pools, where you can interact with smaller sea creatures such as starfish, urchins, and crabs, under the supervision of staff.
Recent reviews from experiences in Phoenix
Things to know before you go
- SEA LIFE Aquarium Arizona is a fun attraction for families, with exhibitions and interactive activities suitable for kids of all ages.
- Book tickets in advance for the best price. Combination tickets are also available for the SEA LIFE Aquarium and the neighboring LEGOLAND® Discovery Center.
- The site is fully accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
How to get there
SEA LIFE Arizona is located at the Arizona Mills shopping mall, 11 miles (18 kilometers) southeast of downtown Phoenix. It’s about a 20-minute drive from downtown and there is plenty of free parking on-site. There are no direct public buses to the mall; taking a taxi is the easiest option for those without their own transport.
When to get there
SEA LIFE Arizona is open daily and last entrance is one hour before closing. Arrive early to beat the crowds, especially on weekends, or time your visit to attend the talks and feeding demonstrations, which are held at select times—see the website for the full schedule.
Arizona Mills Shopping Mall
It’s worth planning a full day to visit the SEA LIFE center and take in the many attractions of the Arizona Mills Shopping Mall at the same time. Right next door, the LEGOLAND Discovery Center is another popular choice for families, or you could catch a movie at the Harkins Theatres Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX and Tilt Studio. The mall itself has more than 185 outlet stores and boutiques, where you can enjoy discounted prices on brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, and Disney. Plus, there’s a huge food court with plenty of options for dining, drinking, and fast food.
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Utah
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona
- Mill Avenue
- Pueblo Grande Museum
- Phoenix Zoo
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- Mystery Castle
- South Mountain Park
- Chase Field
- Arizona Science Center
- Heritage Square
- National Comedy Theatre (NCT)
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA)
- Old Town Scottsdale
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Scottsdale Fashion Square