Landmannalaugar is located 180km east of Reykjavik and can be reached by bus or car during the summer months from June to September. Visiting outside of these months without a knowledgeable guide is not recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Landmannalaugar?
What else should I know about attractions in Reykjavik?
As well as visiting the Landmannalaugar, check out these trip ideas to make the most of your visit:
- National Gallery of Iceland
- Hallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)
- National Museum of Iceland
- The Pearl (Perlan)
- Reykjavík Art Museum Hafnarhús
- Volcano House
- Harpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)
- Skarfabakki Cruise Terminal
- Hofdi House
- Saga Museum
- Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)
- Whales of Iceland
- Sun Voyager (Solfar)
- Akurey Island (Puffin Island)