Top Reykjavik New Years Cruises
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Airport & Hotel Transfers
Cruises & Sailing
Ports of Call Tours
Likely To Sell Out
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
Read MoreShow Less
With the Icelandic peoples’ penchant for partying and Reykjavik’s world-class nightlife, you’re guaranteed a good night out in Iceland’s capital. December 31 is no exception as the city hosts a party like no other, with fireworks and fun lasting until the wee hours. Here are a couple of ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik.
- Usher in the New Year in style, sipping Champagne and watching the fireworks display going off from Hallgrimskirkja church, while cruising around Faxafloi Bay.
- Skip the fireworks in favor of Mother Nature’s own majestic nighttime light show on a Northern Lights viewing tour.
- Enjoy a celebratory dinner in a restaurant with views over Reykjavik, before ringing in the New Year from a panoramic balcony overlooking the city.
- Travel around central Reykjavik seeing the various neighborhood bonfires, which are built and lit by locals as part of their traditional New Year’s Eve festivities.
- Start the New Year by ticking a once-in-a-lifetime adventure off your bucket list, whether it’s a glacier hike, a Golden Circle tour, a dip in the Blue Lagoon, an ice-climbing expedition, or descending into an ice cave.
- Party your way into the New Year at one of the many venues located along the shop and bar-lined strip of Laugavegur.
13 results | All Reykjavik Tours
Return Economy Airport Transfer - Keflavik Airport to Accommodation or Bus Stop
Book a shared arrival transfer from Keflavik International Airport (KEF) to Reykjavik city, and enjoy a stress-free start to your trip. It's a simple, cost-effective option that's available seven days a week with regular, fixed-time departures. Transport is by comfortable bus with complimentary Wi -Fi, so you can stay connected en route.
New Year's Eve Fireworks Cruise in Reykjavik
See in the New Year in style on this 1.5-hour New Year’s Eve fireworks cruise in Reykjavik. Hop aboard your vessel in Reykjavik’s harbor and wrap up warm against the winter chill. Cruise out onto the waves and admire panoramic views over the Icelandic capital’s city lights twinkling in the darkness. Relax in the indoor saloon or step onto the open decking, and head far out into Faxaflói Bay in comfort. As midnight approaches, sip Champagne with friends old and new and raise your glass to the future!
New Year's Eve Luxury Yacht Cruise
--- NEW YEARS 2022 TOUR IS ALREADY FULLY BOOKED --- On this 1,5-hour luxury yacht cruise you will celebrate the new year with style and witness the famous Reykjavik fireworks show. Just before midnight we raise our champagne glasses and make a toast to the new year and say 'Bon Voyage' to the old year and welcome the new one. We cruise out of the old harbor along the beautiful coastline and enjoy the lights from the fireworks and if we are lucky we might encounter the northern lights or Aurora Borealis. Located on a historical island Videy is the Imagine Peace Tower by Yoko Ono lighting up the night sky. Harpa is a luxury motor yacht with complete interior refit done in 2019. Fully equipped deluxe vessel with a lounge, bar, salon, & fly-bridge. This deluxe cruise offers a more personal service and less crowded scenery with fewer passengers.
New Years Fireworks by Boat from Reykjavik
The view from the sea gives you the chance to see the world-famous fireworks over the city and the surrounding towns. If the skies are clear you might be able to catch the Northern lights too. Receive a complimentary glass of Champagne as midnight approaches and, as the clock hits 12, raise a toast to the New Year. Three panoramic decks will ensure that you will get the best view of the fireworks and coastline possible, and if the skies are clear, hopefully, catch the Northern lights too.
Snaefellsnes Peninsula & Kirkjufell Mountain Full Day Tour from Reykjavik
Explore the fire-and-ice landscape of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula on on this fantastic full-day tour from Reykjavik. Walk along the coast in the village of Arnarstapi, find perfect views of Snæfellsjökull, and visit black pearl beaches at the edge of the peninsula. Pickup and drop-off at centrally-located Reykjavik hotels.
Golden Circle Afternoon Tour from Reykjavik
Discover the magnetic landscapes of the ‘land of fire and ice’ on this excursion along Iceland’s most popular tourist route—the Golden Circle. Leave Reykjavik behind for a thrilling afternoon of sightseeing, stopping to snap photos of the mighty Gullfoss waterfall and marvel at the Strokkur geyser. Then, learn about Iceland’s fiery volcanic history as you explore the geological wonders of the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, the meeting point of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates.
SuperSaver: Small Group Silfra Snorkeling & Lava Caving Adventure from Reykjavik
Spend an adventurous day exploring two of Iceland's most unique geological features during this full-day tour from Reykjavik. First, wander through the otherworldly Raufarhólshellir lava tunnel, with its colorful rock formations. Then, visit Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, for a snorkeling adventure. Swim in the impressive Silfra fissure, for a chance to snorkel between the tectonic plates of America and Eurasia. Round-trip transportation from downtown Reykjavik and all necessary gear are included.
Iceland: Airport Transfers between Keflavík Airport and Reykjavík City Center
Skip the line and save money by pre-booking your transfer between Keflavík International Airport and Reykjavík's BSI Bus Terminal, just outside the city center. Departures from the airport connect to arriving flights so just exit the airport, jump aboard the bus, and then settle in for the journey. You can make use of the free onboard WiFi as you head toward to city.
South Coast Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik with Guide and Touchscreen Audio
Experience Iceland's southern coast—full of waterfalls, glaciers, and black sand beaches—on this full-day tour from Reykjavik. Your climate-controlled coach comes with an audio guide available in 10 languages so you can learn about the sights as you cross through farmland and rugged coastline. Visit several waterfalls, the volcanic Vestmannaeyjar Islands, and the Sólheimajökull Glacier for a full Icelandic experience. Upgrade to include round-trip transport from your hotel.
Airport Express Shared Departure Transfer from Reykjavik Hotels to Keflavik Airport
When your trip to Iceland has come to an end, take a cost-effective transfer back to Keflavik International Airport (KEF) with this shuttle service. Meet your driver at your accommodation in the center of Reykjavik, or closest bus stop for city centre hotels, and head to the bus terminal, where your airport transfer departs from. Then, enjoy a swift journey to the airport for your departure flight.
Golden Circle Classic Day Tour from Reykjavik
Capture the spirit of Iceland during this Golden Circle tour from Reykjavik. With a local guide, explore Thingvelllir (Þingvellir) National Park's mossy expanses and deep fissures. The site of the world's oldest existing parliament and home to the Geysir geothermal area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Gullfoss waterfall, the most impressive cascade in Iceland, which makes for spectacular photos. Travel in a climate-controlled coach featuring an audio guide available in 10 languages. National park fees and round-trip transportation from Reykjavik hotels are included (if option selected).
Private Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
Discover the highlights of the Golden Circle on this comprehensive private day tour. Take the stress out of driving on winding mountain roads by having round-trip transport in a 4WD provided. You’ll travel between dispersed sites with ease, and see many top sites in a day including Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, Kerid crater, Faxi waterfall, and the Geysir geothermal area.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Small-Group Golden Circle and Kerid Volcanic Crater Day Trip from Reykjavik
If you only have time for one day tour while in Reykjavik, make it a journey around the Golden Circle, Iceland’s most popular sightseeing route. This full-day small-group tour checks off all the famous highlights such as Thingvellir National Park, the Geysir geyser, and Gullfoss Waterfall, as well as visiting the spectacular Kerid Crater Lake.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best New Years in Reykjavik?
The best New Years in Reykjavik according to Viator travelers are:
What New Years in Reykjavik are taking additional safety precautions?
These Reykjavik experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What New Years in Reykjavik are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Reykjavik may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Snaefellsnes Peninsula & Kirkjufell Mountain Full Day Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Afternoon Tour from Reykjavik
- SuperSaver: Small Group Silfra Snorkeling & Lava Caving Adventure from Reykjavik
- South Coast Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik with Guide and Touchscreen Audio
- Golden Circle Classic Day Tour from Reykjavik
- Saga Museum Tours & Tickets
- Hveragerdi Tours & Tickets
- Imagine Peace Tower Tours & Tickets
- Hallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja) Tours & Tickets
- Silfra Fissure Tours & Tickets
- Hafnarfjordur Tours & Tickets
- Strokkur Tours & Tickets
- Reykjavík Art Museum Hafnarhús Tours & Tickets
- Laugardalur Tours & Tickets
- National Gallery of Iceland Tours & Tickets
- Videy Island Tours & Tickets
- Skarfabakki Cruise Terminal Tours & Tickets
- Secret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin) Tours & Tickets
- Seljalandsfoss Tours & Tickets
- Bessastadir Tours & Tickets
- Faxaflói Bay Tours & Tickets
- Viking World Tours & Tickets
- Snaefellsjokull National Park Tours & Tickets
- Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Tours & Tickets
- Whales of Iceland Tours & Tickets
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Ellis Island
- Great Barrier Reef
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from Reykjavik
- Reykjavik to Iceland
- Reykjavik to Blue Lagoon
- Reykjavik to Gullfoss Waterfall (Golden Falls)
- Reykjavik to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
- Reykjavik to Great Geysir (Great Geyser)
- Reykjavik to Thingvellir National Park
- Reykjavik to Seljalandsfoss
- Reykjavik to Skaftafell National Park
- Reykjavik to Skógafoss
- Reykjavik to Strokkur
- Reykjavik to Reynisfjara Beach
- Reykjavik to Langjökull
- Reykjavik to Vik
- Reykjavik to Skaftafell
- Reykjavik to Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Reykjavik to Fludir