Hard Rock Cafe Rome
While the Hard Rock Cafe chain is quite uniform throughout the world, Rome has always played to its own drummer. Don’t miss local touches like the celestial ceiling frescoes, which on first glance might look like those found in any of the city’s churches, except these cherubs are rocking out on instruments.
The memorabilia found at this Hard Rock includes Elvis’s flamboyant brown studded vest, Eddie Van Halen’s bright red Kramer guitar, Jimi Hendrix’s patchwork suit from 1970, and JOhn Lennon’s grey trench coat, and Bono's patent-leather suit. In the restaurant, standard American fare (burgers, mac ‘n’ cheese, barbecue ribs) is served. Travelers may skip the line with a special entry ticket to the popular restaurant, receiving priority seating.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable to travelers with families.
- Special children’s menus are available.
- After eating, check out clothing and other artifacts from music legends like Bono, John Lennon and Jim Morrison; souvenirs may be purchased in the retail shop.
How to Get There
Hard Rock Cafe Rome is located on Via Vittorio Veneto down the street from the U.S. Embassy. Take a taxi to the restaurant or any number of buses (52, 53, 61, 63, 83, 160, N1, or N4) to the Veneto/Emilia stop.
When to Get There
Hard Rock Cafe Rome has non-stop service from noon to midnight or 1am. The on-site merchandise store opens earlier, at 9:30am and sells swag until the restaurant closes.xa0 Avoid Rome’s dense tourist throngs by traveling during the pleasant shoulder seasons of spring and fall. Even better for avoiding crowds is the winter, though temperatures can dip to freezing.
Villa Borghese Gardens
One of the largest and most gorgeous green spaces in Rome is just a few blocks away. Once the estate and vineyards of Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the vast Villa Borghese Gardens now reflect a naturalistic English style. Relax in the park and visit the elegant Villa Borghese Pinciana designed by Flaminio Ponzio, and Galleria Borghese, home to one of the best collections of art in the world in terms of sculpture, painting, and architecture
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Via Veneto (Via Vittorio Veneto)
- Church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins (Santa Maria della Concezione dei Capucchini)
- Capuchin Crypt (Cripta dei Frati Cappuccini)
- Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Vittoria)
- Triton Fountain (Fontana del Tritone)
- Trinità dei Monti
- Piazza di Spagna
- Barberini Palace (Palazzo Barberini)
- Piazza Barberini
- Basilica di Sant'Andrea delle Fratte
- Keats-Shelley House
- Spanish Steps (Piazza di Spagna)
- St. Paul's Within the Walls Church (Chiesa di San Paolo Entro le Mura)
- Barcaccia Fountain (Fontana della Barcaccia)
- Villa Medici