Seward Street Slides
Located in the Castro district, Seward Mini Park is a tiny green space that most locals don’t even know about, let alone visitors. You won’t find the slides on city tours, but you can check them out on a guided urban hiking tour. Otherwise, go on your own during a day of exploring San Francisco’s hilly southern neighborhoods.
Things to know before you go
- Most locals bring a piece of cardboard to ride down the slides, or you might find a discarded piece at the park you can use.
- Wear long pants to protect your legs while sliding on the concrete.
- Adults must be accompanied by children.
How to get there
The Seward Street Slides are located in San Francisco's Castro neighborhood at Seward and Douglas streets.
When to get there
The park is open from sunrise to sunset.
Seward Mini Park is a 1-mile walk or a 2-mile drive from Twin Peaks, one of San Francisco’s most popular viewpoints. As the city’s second-highest location at 922 feet in elevation, Twin Peaks offers panoramic photo ops of the city and San Francisco Bay. Be prepared for strong winds.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon