Beer lovers rejoice at this beloved San Francisco bar. Pouring from a huge selection of at least 40 brews on draft and more than 70 different bottled beers at any given time, Toronado Pub is a must-try. The tap list is updated almost daily, and even the most discerning beer drinkers are sure to find a pint of something they enjoy.
Wander into the Lower Haight neighborhood of San Francisco and you’ll find this local dive bar populated with all manner of people there to share in a single common interest: craft beer. The bar’s unassuming exterior lends to the idea that you’ve stumbled upon a secret gem, but upon further inspection inside, you’ll realize that this local haunt is well regarded in the area. The pub regularly updates its tap list online, carrying a steady stream of classics and local favorites with a few new additions sprinkled in. Plus, if you’re in the mood for something seasonal or extra special, chances are Toronado’s got it.
Things to know before you go
- This is a cash-only bar
- There is an ATM available inside the pub just in case you left those bills at home
- You must be 21 years or older to enter the bar
- If you’re not a beer drinker, Toronado usually has a few ciders and some barley wine on hand.
How to get there
You can reach the Lower Haight pub by car and street parking is available in the area. Or you can take the MUNI bus lines 6, 7, 66, 71, and 22 Fillmore, all of which shop at Haight and Fillmore Streets. And if you don’t mind some walking and one transfer, take BART to the Civic Center station then walk to Van Ness Avenue and Market Street before hopping on MUNI bus line 6, 7, 66, or 71 to Haight and Fillmore.
When to get there
Toronado is open daily from late morning until late at night. It’s at its busiest during the evening, from dinnertime onwards.
Beer-Tasting in San Francisco
To sample more suds consider taking a beer tour. San Francisco is home to some great craft breweries and taprooms, and taking a tour is an easy way to get a solid taster of what the city has to offer.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon