Top San Francisco Air Tours
Private and Luxury
Private Sightseeing Tours
In the Air
When are you traveling?
Hop on Hop Off Buses
Private Sightseeing Tours
Time of Day
Read MoreShow Less
Get an aerial view of San Francisco’s most important landmarks on a seaplane tour that takes in the hills of wine country and the blue expanses of the Pacific Ocean and the San Francisco Bay. Read on for your options.
- Take to the air for a comprehensive tour of the Bay Area and see famous areas such as downtown San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Muir Woods, and more.
- Avoid the congestion of on-the-ground sightseeing by flying over San Francisco to see how the city fits into the greater context of the rugged California coastline.
- Opt for a combo tours to spot the city’s most important landmarks from the sky, then take off to Alcatraz Island.
- Choose a romantic seaplane tour for two to sip champagne in the sky at sunset.
- For an in-depth North Bay tour, explore Marin County by air and enjoy a private tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito, with included transportation, meals, and sparkling wine.
9 results | All San Francisco Tours
Elite Flight Tour Over San Francisco
Enjoy epic aerial views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz, among other city highlights, on this 1-hour guided air tour. Fly from the suburb of Hayward in a Cessna with a pilot/guide at the helm, who will fill you in on the history and culture of the city through guided commentary in English or Spanish.
San Francisco Bay Air Tour
See the sights of San Francisco Bay from above on an air tour from the Hayward airport. As you fly through the sky on a 3-passenger plane with an experienced pilot, look down on attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and downtown San Francisco.
Painted Ladies San Francisco City Tour
Take a journey around San Francisco's top sights in a retro way with this "painted ladies" tour by vintage Volkswagen bus decorated with long gorgeous eyelashes so you can't miss your tour vehicle. You'll pass by neighborhoods like Chinatown, Union Square, Pacific Heights, North Beach, Haight-Ashbury, the Marina, and Hayes Valley, plus see the Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Civic Center, and more.
San Francisco Sunset Flight Tour
The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay Bridge, Alcatraz, and Coit Tower are must-sees of San Francisco, but it can be difficult to see them all during one trip or outing. Prebook this San Francisco Sunset Flight Tour and see those sights and more in just one night. Enjoy flying over the city as the sun sets and take in some of the best views of all it has to offer.
Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour
Ride a double-decker sightseeing bus to San Francisco's most famous landmarks with a choice of 2 different passes. Explore the city's 49 square miles, including stops at big-name attractions like Pier 39, the Palace of Fine Arts and Union Square. Go at your own pace, hopping off at any of 16 stops, exploring at your leisure, and then hopping back on when you're done. Choose the Premium pass to include a night tour or a Deluxe pass for an additional 24 hours of hop-on-hop-off and a night tour.
Straight to the Gate Access: Golden Gate Bay Cruise
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
Straight to the Gate Access: San Francisco Bay Twilight or Sunset Cruise
Bypass the line and head directly to the gate with your prebooked tickets. This sunset cruise takes you across San Francisco Bay with outstanding views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz Island. Relax while background music sets the tone. Watch the sunset or select a twilight cruise during winter months.
San Francisco Bay Sunset Catamaran Cruise
Sail across San Francisco Bay at twilight to admire the city skyline as it begins to light up for the night. With an experienced captain at the helm, you’ll glide past Alcatraz Island and cruise underneath the Golden Gate Bridge.
GoCar San Francisco Tour
Ride a GoCar all over San Francisco as it navigates for you and provides a guided tour. Take as long as you like to explore the city with a storytelling car as your guide — what Time Magazine has called "one of the coolest inventions of the year." Let this tiny car show you what the city is all about, learn about its history and visit sites like the Presidio, Coit Tower, Chinatown and Lombard Street. Pick up your car at one of two convenient locations: Union Square or Beach Street near Fisherman's Wharf.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Air Tours in San Francisco?
The best Air Tours in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
Air Tours in San Francisco that are 1 hour or less are:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Air Tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Air Tours
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Car Tours
- Classic Car Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- De Young Museum Tours & Tickets
- James R. Herman Cruise Terminal at Pier 27 Tours & Tickets
- Marine Mammal Center Tours & Tickets
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area Tours & Tickets
- Mission Dolores Park Tours & Tickets
- Haas-Lilienthal House Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA) Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Cruise Port at Pier 35 Tours & Tickets
- Macondray Lane Tours & Tickets
- Sea Cliff Tours & Tickets
- Ghirardelli Square Tours & Tickets
- Anchor Brewing Company Tours & Tickets
- Grateful Dead House Tours & Tickets
- Hayes Valley Tours & Tickets
- Seward Street Slides Tours & Tickets
- Cow Hollow Tours & Tickets
- Sausalito Vista Point Tours & Tickets
- Beat Museum Tours & Tickets
- Lombard Street Tours & Tickets
- SoMa (South of Market) Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito