Top San Francisco Kid-Friendly
Museum Tickets & Passes
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Arts & Design
Skip the line Tickets
Classic Car Tours
Likely To Sell Out
When are you traveling?
Arts & Design
Nature and Wildlife Tours
On the Water
Attractions & Museums
Museum Tickets & Passes
Cruises & Sailing
How to Get Around
Classic Car Tours
Private and Luxury
Hop on Hop Off Buses
Private Sightseeing Tours
Skip the line Tickets
Tours by Duration
Time of Day
Read MoreShow Less
San Francisco is full of kid-friendly fun, much of which adults can enjoy as well. From vibrant neighborhoods and museums to boat rides and green park spaces, see below for some of the best things to do in the City by the Bay with kids in tow.
- Explore the city at your family's pace via a hop on, hop off bus tour that includes live narration and hits all the major sights.
- Ride across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with a guide to the seaside town of Sausalito.
- Choose your preferred mode of transport and explore San Francisco's famous hills or waterfront by bike, GoCar, Segway, speed boat, or even fire engine.
- Take a bike tour through top areas such as Golden Gate Park or Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Book priority access to the Walt Disney Family Museum, the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39, or the Exploratorium, a hands-on science museum.
14 results | All San Francisco Tours
Aquarium of the Bay General Admission Ticket
Gain admission to the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco, located at Pier 39 between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Alcatraz ferry landing. A general admission ticket provides direct access to all of the aquarium’s main exhibit areas, which house more than 20,000 sea creatures. Learn what is typically found in San Francisco Bay and the nearby Pacific, including sharks, river otters, and even octopuses. The aquarium features interactive exhibits, as well as walk-through glass tunnels where schools of anchovies and fluorescent jellyfish swim overhead and around you.
California Academy of Sciences General Admission Ticket
Enjoy easy access to the California Academy of Sciences with this pre-paid skip-the-line ticket. Walk right in to enjoy the museum's 4-story rain forest, planetarium, and aquarium. Avoid wasting your precious vacation waiting in the long lines to purchase tickets for this exhibit-packed museum. Your admission includes all shows and exhibits, and is a perfect activity for families. IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: All guests ages 12+ must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative test taken within 48 hours of a visit in order to enter the Academy, and photo ID is required for all guests ages 18+. While masks are longer required indoors, we strongly encourage all guests to keep masking up.
The Walt Disney Family Museum Admission Ticket in San Francisco
Visit San Francisco’s historic Presidio District and learn about the man behind the Disney classics at The Walt Disney Family Museum. Admire Walt’s early cartoons and films, and hear about his life through videos and narration from the animator himself. Don’t forget to check out views of the Bay from the museum’s glass wall before you go, and upgrade your ticket to include access to the special exhibitions.
San Francisco Scavenger and Treasure Hunt Tour for Families
San Francisco attracts eager visitors from across the world, but the city’s walking tours can lack a certain excitement. On this tour, challenge your friends and family on an engaging treasure hunt through the city. Bring your problem-solving skills to the fore, follow a series of mysterious clues with your guide, and see San Francisco in a fun and active way—with a whole host of games and surprises along the way.
7D DarkRide Admission at Pier 39
Battle fearsome zombies, oversize monsters or robot bandits — all without leaving San Francisco — at the DarkRide 7D Experience on Pier 39. Choose your own adventure, then buckle up and grab a laser blaster for for an immersive virtual reality quest to take down your opponents. 3D glasses plus sound and motion effects turn an ordinary trip to Fisherman’s Wharf into a thrilling, high-definition challenge.
San Francisco Love Tour
Hop on a ‘70s-era VW bus and get to know the hippie past and hipster vibe that make up San Francisco today. Starting and ending at Fisherman’s Wharf, this 2-hour sightseeing tour takes you around the city, including Chinatown, North Beach, the Castro, the Mission, downtown and more. See the homes of The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix, while listening to ‘60s classics. So settle into a neon-blue seat and dig your shoes into groovy shag carpet. Each bus accommodates up to just six people.
Painted Ladies San Francisco City Tour
Take a journey around San Francisco's top sights in a retro way with this "painted ladies" tour by vintage Volkswagen bus decorated with long gorgeous eyelashes so you can't miss your tour vehicle. You'll pass by neighborhoods like Chinatown, Union Square, Pacific Heights, North Beach, Haight-Ashbury, the Marina, and Hayes Valley, plus see the Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Civic Center, and more.
Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour
Ride a double-decker sightseeing bus to San Francisco's most famous landmarks with a choice of 2 different passes. Explore the city's 49 square miles, including stops at big-name attractions like Pier 39, the Palace of Fine Arts and Union Square. Go at your own pace, hopping off at any of 16 stops, exploring at your leisure, and then hopping back on when you're done. Choose the Premium pass to include a night tour or a Deluxe pass for an additional 24 hours of hop-on-hop-off and a night tour.
Syn City SF: A Self-Guided Audio Tour of Haight-Ashbury
During this out-of-the-box, self-guided audio tour, you'll explore the colorful, picturesque district of Haight-Ashbury from a synesthetic perspective, adding color to music and flavor to words. Learn about the bohemian neighborhood's role in San Francisco's "Summer of Love" as you walk at your own pace, with audio commentary timed to your location using GPS.
Little Italy and North Beach Walking Tour in San Francisco
If you fancy yourself a foodie or culture enthusiast, don’t miss this walking tour of San Francisco’s Little Italy—the neighborhood of North Beach. Voted one of the 15 best foodie tours in the USA by U.S. News, join an insider guide and experience a slice of the top things to do in North Beach, such as tasting coffee and witnessing bread being freshly made. Soak up the lively atmosphere of one of the city’s most popular districts as you learn about its cafes and bakeries and see landmarks like Saints Peter and Paul Church.
Straight to the Gate Access: Golden Gate Bay Cruise
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
Muir Woods & Sausalito Half-Day Tour (Return by Bus or Ferry from Sausalito)
Wander through an ancient coastal redwood forest and explore the artistic bayside enclave of Sausalito on this half-day tour from San Francisco. Travel across the Golden Gate Bridge to visit Muir Woods, home to some of the oldest and tallest trees on Earth. Then, soak up stellar views of the San Francisco skyline and browse art galleries along the Sausalito waterfront. At the end of your tour choose between getting dropped off at either of the two departure points or taking the Sausalito ferry back to San Francisco (Pier 41).
2.5 Hour San Francisco Wharf and Waterfront Segway Tour
Take a San Francisco Segway tour along the waterfront to see popular city attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, and Alcatraz Island. With an experienced guide, cruise along San Francisco Bay on a personal 2-wheeled Segway, and learn how to operate during a training session. Limited to 10 people per tour, this tour provides a small-group experience. Choose from several tour times throughout the day.
Golden Gate Park Segway Tour - Easy to learn then 2.5 hours of gliding fun
Explore San Francisco’s beautiful Golden Gate Park on this 2.5-hour Segway tour. Led by a local guide, you’ll pass top attractions like the Japanese Tea Gardens, the de Young Museum and the California Academy of Sciences. All equipment is included, as well as a safety training. Cover even more ground on a Segway as you soak up Golden Gate Park's rich history and hidden gems from your guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kid-Friendly in San Francisco?
The best Kid-Friendly in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Kid-Friendly in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
Kid-Friendly in San Francisco that are 1 hour or less are:
What Kid-Friendly in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Kid-Friendly in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- San Francisco Japantown Tours & Tickets
- Aquarium of the Bay Tours & Tickets
- Cartoon Art Museum Tours & Tickets
- Palace of Fine Arts Tours & Tickets
- Bay Bridge Tours & Tickets
- Anchor Brewing Company Tours & Tickets
- Angel Island Immigration Station Tours & Tickets
- Exploratorium Tours & Tickets
- Conservatory of Flowers Tours & Tickets
- Barbary Coast Trail Tours & Tickets
- USS Pampanito Tours & Tickets
- Marrakech Magic Theater Tours & Tickets
- Toronado Pub Tours & Tickets
- Yerba Buena Gardens Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Tours & Tickets
- Union Square Tours & Tickets
- Grateful Dead House Tours & Tickets
- Lombard Street Tours & Tickets
- Tiburon Tours & Tickets
- Presidio Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- Molokini Crater
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Na Pali Coast
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
- Tower of London
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito