Slide Rock State Park Tours and Tickets
Just outside the city of Sedona is the evocatively-named Slide Rock State Park that was once an apple farm.
Slide Rock State Park was originally the Pendley Homestead, an apple orchard started in 1912 that covered more than 40 acres. Pendley later built cabins as more vacationers began coming into the area, and the homestead was purchased by the Arizona Parklands Foundation in 1985. The original Pendley farmhouse is still in the park.
The name “slide rock” comes from one geologic feature of the park, a slippery area in a creek near the homestead. The red rock formations that are so famous in this part of Arizona are all over the park, which is a popular place for hiking, swimming, fishing, and picnicking.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Slide Rock State Park
Oak Creek Canyon Jeep Tour from Sedona
Self-Guided Audio Driving Tour of Sedona
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico