Top Skaftafell In the Air
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
5 results | All Skaftafell Tours
Skaftafell Glacier Hike 3-Hour Small Group Tour
The Vatnajökull glacier ranks among Iceland’s top natural attractions, but exploring the icy terrain without a guide is dangerous. On this half-day tour, delve into the Skaftafell National Park with a certified guide and discover a world of ice formations and deep crevasses. With all the necessary safety equipment included, enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
Glacier Hike from Skaftafell - Extra Small Group
Many glacier tours in Vatnajökull National Park require travelers to walk from the parking lot to the glacier terminus, eating into their time on the ice. On this tour, maximize your time on Falljökull glacier by traveling as near as possible in a four-wheel-drive vehicle. Explore moulins, crevasses, and other formations in the company of an Association of Icelandic Mountain Guides-certified guide.
Ultimate Sightseeing Flight from Skaftafell
Embark on a photogenic aerial tour Landmannalaugar, Vatnajökull glacier, Grímsvötn eruption site, Lakagígar and more. Go over the flight plan with your pilot, and take off over the area, observing the steam blowing from the lake on top of the glacier, massive volcanic craters, countless mountains and valleys, and Iceland’s Highlands.
Sightseeing flight over black sands and riverbeds from Skaftafell Terminal
Embark on a photogenic aerial tour over Iceland's coastline and Skeiðarársandur glacier. Go over the flight plan with your pilot before soaring over the plains covered in black sand and ash that span the entire area. Fly over the massive outlet that drains water from Vatnajökull, Iceland’s largest ice cap before landing.
Sightseeing Flight over Vatnajökull Volcanic Eruption Sites
Get a unique perspective on Vatnajökull, Europe's largest glacier, and Grímsvötn, Iceland's most active volcano, on this scenic flight from Skaftafell— with luck, the volcanic crater will blow steam, making for a rare photo opportunity. As you ascend into the air, admire the basalt cliffs surrounding Svartifoss, located in Vatnajökull National Park, and look out for waterfalls. On the way back, your pilot flies over Grænalón glacier lagoon and Skeiðarárjökull outlet glacier.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best In the Air in Skaftafell?
The best In the Air in Skaftafell according to Viator travelers are:
What In the Air in Skaftafell are taking additional safety precautions?
These Skaftafell experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What In the Air in Skaftafell are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Skaftafell may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets