Top Vik Ice Climbing
Likely To Sell Out
Nature and Wildlife Tours
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
8 results | All Vik Tours
Kayaking on the Sólheimajökull Glacier Lagoon
Secure your spot in advance, and see the Sólheimajökull Glacier from a different perspective on this guided kayak tour. After dressing in the included dry suit, learn the basics of kayaking before paddling out behind your guide into the lagoon. Observe the glacier landscape as you glide around the icebergs anchored in the lagoon.
Black Sand Beach Horse Riding Tour from Vik
This is the perfect way to explore Iceland’s incredible scenery without being stuck on a crowded bus. Get out in the open air and ride an Icelandic horse from the stables in Vik to a picturesque black sand beach. No need to worry if you’ve never ridden a horse before—this experience is suitable for beginners and goes at a slow and calm pace.
Small-Group Ice Climbing and Glacier Hiking in Solheimajokull
Get up close and personal with an Icelandic glacier on this small-group tour in Solheimajokull. Fun for climbers of any level of experience, the tour includes instruction in ice climbing technique from your local guide, who will also point out glacier features like crevasses and moulins. Over the course of about 4.5 hours, you’ll have plenty of time to build on your skills and explore several different parts of the glacier.
Ice Cave at Katla Volcano
Go off the beaten path and into an ice cave on this small-group tour. In a Super Jeep, travel to a spectacular ice cave inside Kötlujökull an outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull Glacier, underneath which the mighty volcano Katla is located. All necessary equipment is included.
Glacier Adventure at Sólheimajökull Private Tour
Our company prides itself on providing unique and intimate experiences for our clients, and this tour is no exception. We limit our group size to a maximum of four people to ensure that you get the most out of your private adventure. We believe that safety is paramount, and we provide top-class equipment to make sure that you feel comfortable and secure throughout your journey. Our qualified guide is not only an expert in glacier safety but also has extensive knowledge of the area and can provide you with fascinating insights into the glacier's history and geology. You'll have the opportunity to hike to the plateau and climb vertical wall, moulin or crevasse. The Sólheimajökull glacier is a stunning destination, with its blue ice caves, crevasses, and otherworldly landscapes. Our Glacier Adventure tour offers you the chance to experience the beauty of this glacier up close and personal.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
3-hour Glacier Hike on Sólheimajökull
While many tours in Iceland make pit stops at glaciers—the country is, after all, full of them—fewer take you over them and close enough to discover their interesting features. With this tour, take an easy glacier hike to see ice formations, crevasses, and water cauldrons that you’d miss just stopping for a look. Your climbing crampons are provided, and the guided hike is offered 2-3 times a day so it’s easier to fit into your schedule.
Solheimajokull Glacier 3-Hour Small-Group Hike
Spend a half day hiking around southern Iceland's Sólheimajökull glacier with a small group on this tour. Follow your hiking guide over the rugged terrain and learn about the glacial formation as you walk. All necessary equipment included.
Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier
Take an unforgettable walk on pure ice on this guided glacier hike experience on Sólheimajökull in south Iceland. Accompanied by a professional guide, set off from the foot of Sólheimajökull, a frozen tongue of solid ice, and thrill at the experience of walking across the frozen valley. Put on your crampons and discover natural ice formations, crevasses, shafts and ridges as you learn about the formation and history of this frozen wonderland.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Ice Climbing in Vik?
The best Ice Climbing in Vik according to Viator travelers are:
What Ice Climbing in Vik are taking additional safety precautions?
These Vik experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Ice Climbing in Vik are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Vik may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in South Iceland
- Things to do in Skaftafell
- Things to do in Reykjavik
- Things to do in East Iceland
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in North East England
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Great Barrier Reef
- Milan Duomo
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets