Vernal Falls Trail, Yosemite National Park, California
Vernal Falls is accessible on foot via the Vernal Falls Trail or Mist Trail. It’s a steep climb to the footbridge at its base (.8 miles from the start of the trail.) The trail can be wet and slippery, so it’s best to use caution and wear proper footwear. Peak flows are in May and June each year. Hiking to the very top of the falls is about 3 miles roundtrip, and the trailhead is located at Happy Isles (shuttle stop 16.)
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Vernal Fall?
Attractions near Vernal Fall:
What else should I know about attractions in Yosemite National Park?
As well as visiting the Vernal Fall, check out these trip ideas to make the most of your visit:
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona