Located inside the Historium Brugge building in the center of Bruges, the Duvelorium Grand Beer Café offers a relaxing space to have a drink and a bite following a Historium tour. Belgian-beer aficionados will want to spend some time at the bar, which is open to the general public and offers excellent people watching and Market Square views.
Duvelorium serves a selection of Belgium's best beers in a cozy space with great views of the Markt. Beers on offer include Duvel and Vedett, as well as beers from Achouffe, Liefmans, and De Koninck breweries. Each season, the Duvelorium features a new craft beer from Duvel Moortgat’s special CraftWorks selection. The café also offers tempting tasting platters with three beers of your choice paired with matching chocolates.
Things to Know Before You Go
Duvelorium is a must-visit for beer lovers.
The café is wheelchair-accessible.
Free Wi-Fi is available.
The bar closes around dinnertime, so plan for an early visit.
How to Get There
Duvelorium is located on the first floor of the Historium Brugge building, on Market Square in the center of Bruges. Many bus routes (including 2, 13, and 90) stop at the Markt bus stop, a minute’s walk away, and connect to the train station. Other top Bruges attractions within a 10-minute walk include Rosary Quay (Rozenhoedkaai) and the Groeningemuseum.
When to Get There
The Duvelorium is open every day (including Sundays and public holidays) from late morning until evening. It tends to get busiest in the late afternoon, so try to arrive early to get one of the best seats overlooking the square.
Serious beer enthusiasts should pay a visit to Duvelorium’s gift shop, where the café’s beers and various special packages are for sale. A great souvenir idea is a Historium Duvel beer glass, specially designed for the Historium and only available for purchase at the museum.
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland
- Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)
- Burg Square
- Choco-Story, the Chocolate Museum
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Friet Museum
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)
- Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)
- Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John’s Hospital)
- Jerusalem Church (Jeruzalemkerk)
- Diamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)