The museum’s different spaces let you explore Bruges’ history in various ways. In the Historium Story, visitors follow the love story of Jacob, Jan van Eyck’s apprentice. In the Historium Exhibition, you’ll learn all about Bruges and its architecture during medieval times. You can climb the Historium Tower for an impressive 360-degree view of Market Square and the Belfry. Be transported back to the year 1435 in the Historium Virtual Reality, and sail virtually into the port of Bruges.
Things to Know Before You Go
Historium Brugge is a must-visit for history buffs and families.
Families can follow the Historium Family Trail: Look for the owl mascot marking fun, kid-friendly exhibits and activities.
The museum is fully wheelchair-accessible and has a specially customized route.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout Historium Brugge.
Strollers are not permitted inside the attraction.
How to Get There
Historium Brugge is located in the center of Bruges, on Market Square (Markt). Many bus routes (including 2, 13, and 90) stop at the Markt, a minute’s walk away. Also within walking distance are such top Bruges attractions as Rosary Quay (Rozenhoedkaai, a 5-minute walk) and the Groeningemuseum (a 7-minute walk).
When to Get There
The museum is open every day from morning through early evening and tends to be busiest on weekends and school holidays. Buy your ticket in advance to guarantee entry and save time waiting in line.
Duvelorium Grand Beer Café
You can finish off your visit with a relaxing drink in the Duvelorium Grand Beer Café, on the first floor of Historium Brugge. As well as sampling specialty beers, enjoy the excellent view of Bruges Market Square from the café’s terrace. The café is open to the public, and entrance tickets are not required.
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland
- Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)
- Burg Square
- Choco-Story, the Chocolate Museum
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Friet Museum
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)
- Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)
- Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John’s Hospital)
- Jerusalem Church (Jeruzalemkerk)
- Diamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)