Brussels Gueuze Museum (Musée Bruxellois de la Gueuze)
Housed in the Brasserie Cantillon, the only remaining traditional lambic brewery in Brussels, the Brussels Gueuze Museum is a great place to learn about Belgium’s celebrated brewing traditions firsthand. Here, visitors can see the insides of a working brewery that has changed little over the last century.
Run by Brasserie Cantillon, this off-the-beaten-track museum is housed inside a working brewery where a variety of beers, including lambics such as gueuze (a blend of 1- and 2-year-old lambics) and kriek (cherry-flavored lambic), are created and bottled to this day. The museum tour involves a brief introduction, then you are free to follow the brewing process around the brewery at your own pace.
Things to Know Before You Go
This brewery-museum is a must-visit for beer lovers.
A glass of the brewery’s beer is included in the ticket price.
A small shop selling beers and souvenir T-shirts is located on-site.
How to Get There
The museum is about a 5-minute walk from both Gare Midi and Clemenceau metro stations. The Lemonnier tram station is also a 5-minute walk away, with connections to lines 3, 4, 32, 51, and 82. If you’re in the mood for strolling, it will take you about 20 minutes from Grand Place.
When to Get There
The museum is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm, with the last admission at 4pm. However, there are numerous closures for public holidays and other events throughout the year, so it's a good idea to check ahead before planning your visit.
What Is Lambic, Anyway?
The termlambic refers to a type of beer that's fermented using wild yeast and bacteria from the Senne Valley area of Belgium. Popular types include gueuze, which is partially fermented before bottling; the ever-popular kriek, which includes the addition of sour cherries and is perhaps the most popular lambic out there; and faro, a sweetened mix of regular beer and lambic.
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Manneken Pis
- Choco-Story Brussels: The Chocolate Museum
- Halle Gate (Porte de Hal)
- Palace of Justice (Palais de Justice)
- Brussels Town Hall (Hotel de Ville)
- Brussels Beer Project
- Hard Rock Cafe Brussels
- Grand-Place (Grote Markt)
- Brussels City Museum (Musée de la Ville de Bruxelles)
- Grand Sablon Square (Place du Grand Sablon)
- Cinquantenaire District
- Royal Galleries of Saint Hubert (Les Galeries St-Hubert)
- MOOF Museum
- Museum of the Turn of the Century (Musée Fin-de-Siècle)
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium