Trinity Beach is nestled between two headlands, providing an attractive bay area in which to enjoy activities such as windsurfing, sailing, bodyboarding, and beach volleyball, or you can simply soak up the sun on the golden sand. Trinity Beach offers safe swimming year-round, with a protective (jellyfish-proof) swimming enclosure for the summer months (November to May). Beachfront barbecue facilities and tennis courts mean there are plenty of opportunities to meet sun-loving locals here any time of year.
Things to know before you go
- Trinity Beach is ideal for a tranquil beach escape, just a short distance from the city.
- There are lifeguards who patrol the beach year-round.
- The community has a number of private vacation rentals, should you wish to stay there.
How to get there
Trinity Beach is located just 20 minutes north of Cairns city and 15 minutes from the Cairns International Airport on the Captain Cook Highway. The number 111 bus (in the direction of Kewarra Beach) from Cairns Central Shopping Centre stops at Trinity Beach; the journey takes around 50 minutes.
When to get there
Beachcombers and sun-worshippers should plan to visit between May and November, when the dry season’s warm temperatures are ideal for enjoying the sun and sand. The green season is between January and April and is characterized by higher temperatures, more rainfall, and higher humidity.
Visitors will find plenty of great places to dine along the beachfront esplanade. With its eclectic menu and casual atmosphere, Trinity Beach Tavern is a popular choice for diners of all ages. A few minutes’ walk east, L’Unico Trattoria is loved for its Italian cuisine and cocktails, as well as its scenic deck that offers sea views and cool breezes off the ocean.
- Hartley's Crocodile Adventures
- RainForeStation Nature Park
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
- Birdworld Kuranda
- Kuranda Koala Gardens
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Mt. Whitfield
- Red Arrow Walk
- Cairns Botanic Gardens
- Centenary Lakes
- Muddy's Playground
- Cairns Aquarium
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter