Most Xoximilco tours leave from central Cancun and include pickup and drop-off from local hotels. At the park, you can float down the river in a Mexican gondola, ortrajinera, enjoy a meal of traditional Mexican food, sip tequila and beer, and listen to traditional mariachi and marimba music.
Xoximilco Cancun is part of a network of related parks and experiences, including Xcaret, Xel-Hal, Xplor Fuego, Xplor, Xenotes Oasis Maya, Xoximilco Cancun, Xichen, and Xenses. You can purchase packages granting admission to multiple parks.
Recent reviews from experiences in Cancun
Things to Know Before You Go
Xoximilco Cancun is a must-see attraction for culture and nightlife lovers.
The park is located in the jungle, so be sure to plan for mosquitos; wear long pants and closed-toed shoes, and bring plenty of biodegradable insect repellent.
Valet parking is available onsite.
Wheelchair service is available; all boats are wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Xoximilco is located about five minutes by road from Cancun International Airport. While most tours provide round-trip transportation from your hotel, you can also take a taxi or drive yourself.
When to Get There
The park is busiest from December through April, when the weather tends to be sunny and warm; there are fewer crowds during hurricane season (May through October). Nights at Xoximilco are particularly magical.
Mexico City’s Xochimilco Neighborhood
The floating gardens of Xochimilco are a Mexico City must-see; the quintessential way to explore is a traditionaltrajinera boat ride around the canals and islands. Combine it with a Mexico City sightseeing tour, which will include the National University of Mexico, the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan, and the the neighborhood of Coyoacán, home to the Diego Rivera Anahuacalli Museum and the Frida Kahlo Museum.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Cancun Airport VIP Lounge
- Ventura Park
- Cancun Underwater Museum of Art (Museo Subacuático de Arte)
- Mandala Beach Club
- Dolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)
- Mayan Museum of Cancun (Museo Maya de Cancún)
- Cancun Hotel Zone (Avenida Kukulkan)
- Interactive Aquarium Cancun
- La Isla Shopping Village
- Cancun Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Cancún)
- Cenote Nohoch Nah Chich
- Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)
- Captain Hook Cancun
- Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
- El Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)