Vida Aventura Nature Park
Situated in the heart of Guanacaste Province next to Rincon de La Vieja National Park, Vida Aventura Nature Park offers a heady mix of adventure in a large private reserve. Travelers can easily spend an entire day here ziplining, walking nature trails, riding horses—and then wind with mud bath treatment or dips in the hot springs.
Visitors can book options from 1-hour zipline adventures to full-day experiences with horseback riding, lunch, and more. While the El Gavilan zipline and canopy experience is the main highlight, the nature trails are great for spotting biodiverse wildlife in the Costa Rican jungle. Other options include learning to drive cattle from horseback in “Guanasten style” and taking advantage of the thermal pools, volcanic mud baths, and a waterslide.
Things to know before you go
Ziplines are certified by the Association for Challenge Course Technology.
Children must be 5 or older to ride the zipline.
There is no public transportation—the park arranges hotel pickups.
Bring a swimsuit, shorts, a T-shirt, and pants for the horseback ride.
The park is not wheelchair- or stroller-accessible.
How to get there
The adventure park is about 40 minutes east of Liberia by car; and 35 minutes northeast of La Fortuna. There is limited public transportation in this region of Costa Rica—travelers who cannot drive independently can arrange hotel pickup and drop-off from the Papagayo and Tamarindo areas of Guanacaste.
When to get there
The adventure park is open year-round. Although the weather in this region of Costa Rica is typically mild, it’s warmest and sunniest from November through April, the high tourist season. Remember that the summer months of June through September often see torrential rain.
Rincon de la Vieja National Park
The nature park is near Rio Negro Hot Springs, Miravalles Volcano, and the Rincon de la Vieja National Park. While all three are worth visiting, the national park is a “one-stop shop” for Costa Rica’s natural attractions: Two fuming volcanoes, gushing waterfalls, more zip lines, natural hot springs, and more—all within 30 minutes from the Vida Aventura Nature Park by car.
- Things to do in Santa Cruz
- Things to do in Playa Flamingo
- Things to do in Tamarindo
- Things to do in Playa Hermosa
- Things to do in Liberia
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Puntarenas
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Rio Negro Hot Springs
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park
- Miravalles Volcano
- Dino Park Blue River
- Llanos de Cortés Waterfall
- Las Pumas Rescue Center
- Palo Verde National Park
- Santa Rosa National Park
- Diamante Eco Adventure Park
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge (Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Mixto Caño Negro)
- Monteverde Butterfly Gardens
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Preserve
- Baldi Hot Springs
- Eco Termales Fortuna
- Tamarindo Beach