Top Hobart Layover Tours
Likely To Sell Out
On the Water
When are you travelling?
Hop on Hop Off Buses
Time of Day
9 results | All Hobart Tours
Hobart Highlights Day Tour
Enjoy five of the top activities in Hobart in one day on this tour designed for those who are short on time in the city and don't want to miss its best experiences. Attractions include Salamanca Market (on Saturdays), Mount Wellington, city highlights, the historical nearby town of Richmond, and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary (own cost).
5-Day Best of Tasmania Tour from Hobart
See Tasmania's most wild and wonderful attractions on this 5-day tour that loops around the island, from the waterfall-studded rain forests and sand dunes of the West Coast to the alpine lakes and parks of the East Coast. Trek through the Tarkine Rainforest, explore Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, see Tasmanian devils and swim in the Bay of Fires. Other optional activities include a Gordon River Cruise and viewing of the famous little penguin parade. This budget-friendly tour includes overnight accommodation in a hostel dormitory and all transport.
Walking Tour: Highlight Of Battery Point
Learn about Battery Point from a friendly and knowledgeable guide Explore the streets, homes and buildings throughout the beautiful suburb Learn about the whalers, sealers and governors
Hobart Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
Book a 1- or 2-day pass on a Hobart hop-on hop-off bus tour for an easy way to explore the city's top attractions at your own pace. Travel by double-decker red bus to 20 stops around the city, where you can hop off whenever you wish to visit the places that interest you. Or opt to stay onboard the bus for the full loop.
Derwent River Historic Harbour Cruise From Hobart
Enjoy Hobart from the water on Derwent River cruise. Choose your preferred time of day for your cruise, including lunch and dinner options, and then glide through the city to admire the harbor and waterfront attractions such as the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, the Tasman Bridge, Government House, Montagu Bay, and Rose Bay.
Hobart Kayak Tour
Explore Hobart from the water on a kayak tour with an experienced guide. You have three options to choose from when booking: a 2.5-hour tour from central Hobart, a 7-hour tour past cliffs, caves and beaches or a 10-hour Tasman Peninsula tour. You’ll either admire Hobart’s bustling waterfront along the River Derwent, or take in the scenic wilderness outside the city on one of the full-day adventures. Learn paddling techniques from your guide, who also provides narration about the city and surrounding region.
Discover some of Tasmania's best craft beverages as you embark on a tour of several venues. Alongside a small group visit wineries, cideries, distilleries, and breweries in the Huon and Coal River valleys. Guests enjoy tastings at each location and learn a bit about what makes each drink so special. There's also the option to purchase lunch at one stop, so you can fuel up for more drinks.
BIG 3 Tasmania - Hobart to Launceston 3 Day Active Adventure
Explore the top sites of Tasmania on a comprehensive 3-day tour from Hobart to Launceston. Delve into the convict history of Australia at Port Arthur Historic Site, and see landmarks like Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen. Continue to Launceston to discover the gems of Freycinet National Park, including Wineglass Bay. Then head to Cradle Mountain National Park to walk around Dove Lake and admire Cradle Mountain. Stop in towns such as Richmond, Swansea, Sheffield and Orford, and taste fresh produce and seafood from local producers.
Tasmanian Wine Tour
Let someone else take care of driving on this full-day tour of southern Tasmanian wineries from Hobart. Visit five wineries for vineyard tours and tastings, with opportunities for meeting winemakers and exploring barrel rooms. Depending on the time of year, you may also be able to sample wine directly from maturing tanks or barrels.
What people are saying about Layover Tours in Hobart
Hobart Highlights Day Tour"Great fun with Josh leading the trip. Very informative and good coverage of all things in Hobart if you are short on time. The sky didn’t clear up for mount Wellington but good fun nonetheless"..."
5-Day Best of Tasmania Tour from Hobart"Great trip through the beautiful highways and byways of Tasmania. We traversed the island on an anti-clockwise route and visited beaches, cliffs, rainforests, lakes, rivers and waterfalls, including in national parks. We were active every day, walking , climbing, cruising, swimming and, in Strahan, attending Australia‘a longest-running play. All fitness levels were accommodated by the range of activities available at the different locations. Our guide, Keygan, was excellent. - knowledgeable, informative, encouraging, entertaining, accommodating, organised and good fun. He worked very well with our mixed group. In summary, a great way to experience the wonders of Tasmania in good company."..."
Hobart Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour"Love how clean and punctual the bus is. The commentary is great as well. My favourite stop is the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens. As the weather isn't great, I wish there's a 3 days pass"..."
Derwent River Historic Harbour Cruise From Hobart"The skipper’s knowledge of the historical Derwent River Sandy Bay Battery Point The Tasman Bridge and his life experiences of the whole area made our memorable trip an adventure to remember. The gorgeous old red ferry was historically inviting.and we had the best stern viewing seats to take in the stunning views on a sunny May afternoon ."..."
Hobart Kayak Tour"Relaxed..we had wonderful guides Jonah and Allie who were no stress making the experience even more relaxing. Highly recommended."..."
Signature Tour"Ben was very knowledgeable and friendly. Venues were great too👍 Worth doing while in Hobart!l interesting and varied- something for everyone"..."
BIG 3 Tasmania - Hobart to Launceston 3 Day Active Adventure"All the tour guides (Trevor, Nick, and Graham) were very knowledgeable of the history and current affairs of each area and provided great information. The tour was better than expected and I would definitely recommend for all wanting to experience a great introduction to Tasmania!"..."
Tasmanian Wine Tour"Ben our guide was very accommodating , telling us the history of each vineyard, the wines were very nice at each winery, cheese platter was very tasty thank you 😊"..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Hobart?
The best Layover Tours in Hobart according to Viator travellers are:
What Layover Tours in Hobart are taking additional safety precautions?
These Hobart experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Layover Tours in Hobart are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Hobart may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Multi-day Tours
- Classes & Workshops
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Sullivan's Cove Tours & Tickets
- Zoodoo Wildlife Park Tours & Tickets
- Constitution Dock Tours & Tickets
- Queens Domain Tours & Tickets
- Huon Valley Tours & Tickets
- St. George's Anglican Church Tours & Tickets
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tours & Tickets
- Tasmanian Devil Unzoo (Taranna Wildlife Park) Tours & Tickets
- Macquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port) Tours & Tickets
- Battery Point Tours & Tickets
- Hobart Convict Penitentiary Tours & Tickets
- North Hobart Tours & Tickets
- Bruny Island Berry Farm Tours & Tickets
- Lark Distillery Tours & Tickets
- Parliament House Tours & Tickets
- Richmond Village Tours & Tickets
- Cascades Female Factory Historic Site Tours & Tickets
- Mount Field National Park Tours & Tickets
- Russell Falls Tours & Tickets
- Hobart Sandy Bay Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Ellis Island
- Florence Duomo (Cattedrale di Santa Maria dei Fiori)
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets