Top Activities on the Ground in Hobart
Cruises & Sailing
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Ports of Call Tours
Likely To Sell Out
Mountain Bike Tours
When are you travelling?
Time of Day
15 results | All Hobart Tours
Easy Bike Tour - Mt Wellington Summit Descent & Rainforest Ride
Your ride starts with an exhilarating 6km road descent from the summit of Mt Wellington. Then, your guides lead you on an enchanting 11km off-road ride, descending through stunning temperate rainforest. Starting 1270 metres above sea level, the summit experience and road descent have breathtaking views over Hobart and way, way, beyond. The off-road rainforest ride gently meanders downhill through incredible temperature rainforest. You'll experience breathtaking vistas, towering eucalyptus forests, gigantic ferns, a waterfall, walk under historic aqueducts, gaze into crystal clear babbling streams, and catch glimpses of curious local wildlife. The tour starts with a fun & interesting bus journey to the summit. Our experienced local guides will lead you all the way, providing commentary on the history, and nature of the area. In between rides, we stop off at the Lost Freight Cafe, where you'll have time to grab some refreshments. The ride finishes back at our Hobart office.
Hobart Shore Excursion: Small Group Mount Wellington 3-Hour Bike Tour
Make the most of your time in port on this small-group shore excursion by bike. Discover the best of Hobart in just half a day, from Salamanca Place and Battery Point to the Cascade Gardens and Rosny Park Lookout. You'll have free time to explore the elegant Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens before heading back to your cruise ship.
2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart
Take in the highlights of central Hobart on a 2-hour walking tour led by a local guide. Stroll along Hunter Street and the Hobart waterfront, view Salamanca Place, and walk through a city park as you hear about the colonial roots of the capital of Tasmania, and see heritage buildings with Victorian and Georgian architecture. Enjoy a more intimate perspective on the city during this small-group tour that has a maximum group size of eight people.
Derwent River Historic Harbour Cruise From Hobart
Enjoy Hobart from the water on Derwent River cruise. Choose your preferred time of day for your cruise, including lunch and dinner options, and then glide through the city to admire the harbor and waterfront attractions such as the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, the Tasman Bridge, Government House, Montagu Bay, and Rose Bay.
Bruny Island Traveller - Gourmet Tasting and Sightseeing Day Trip from Hobart
Discover the gourmet delights of Bruny Island during an all-inclusive tour full-day food tour with a knowledgeable guide who takes you to meet the local producers. You can expect enough food and drink to satisfy a hearty appetite, enjoying seven courses that include oysters, award winning cheeses, local honey, mead and chocolates. Soak in the island’s breathtaking scenery during visits to the Bruny Island Neck, historic Two Tree Point in Adventure Bay, white-sand beaches and nature reserves where rare white wallabies live.
Full-Day Guided Bruny Island Tour from Hobart
Discover the scenic coastline, beaches, national parks, flora, and fauna of Bruny Island on this full-day tour from Hobart. Travel via ferry to the island (tickets included), and walk through the temperate rain forest, stop at a viewing platform at the Neck, and sample locally made products.
Day Tour in Mt. Field, Mt. Wellington, Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and Richmond
Visit some of the top attractions outside of Hobart on this day trip to Mount Wellington, Mount Field National Park, Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, and the historical town of Richmond.
Old Hobart Pub Walking Tour
Discover the secrets of the old taverns, brothels and pubs of old Hobart during a 1.5-hour walking tour. Your guide shares entertaining stories of the smugglers, convicts and other characters that were involved in shaping the city's history and legends.
Hobart Historic Walking Tour
Hobart’s history is full of colonial conquests and convict stories, and what better way to discover it than a walking tour? Follow your guide on a 90-minute route around Hobart, stopping to admire city landmarks and heritage buildings. Along the way, learn about the key characters and events that helped shape Hobart into the city it is today, and enjoy plenty of great photo opportunities.
Hobart Sightseeing Cruise including Iron Pot Lighthouse
Take a Hobart sightseeing cruise to admire coastal scenery and learn about the maritime history of Tasmania’s capital city. As you travel along the River Derwent to Betsey Island and Iron Pot Lighthouse, one of the oldest lighthouses in Australia, you’ll enjoy sights like Hope Beach, Mt Wellington and Shot Tower. Listen to stories from your guide about life on the sea, from shipwrecks to settlers, on this small-group tour limited to 12 people.
Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Active Day Trip from Hobart
Travel from Hobart to Tasmania’s east coast to visit Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park. En route, pass through picturesque Orford and Swansea, and stop for photos at historic Spiky Bridge and pretty Spiky Beach. When you arrive at Wineglass Bay, have the option to take a vigorous hike down to Wineglass Beach, or choose the more moderate option that visits Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay and Cape Tourville lookout. On the return drive, sample fresh shellfish from Oyster Bay at Freycinet Marine Farm and sweet treats from Kate’s Berry Farm.
Hobart Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
Book a 1- or 2-day pass on a Hobart hop-on hop-off bus tour for an easy way to explore the city's top attractions at your own pace. Travel by double-decker red bus to 20 stops around the city, where you can hop off whenever you wish to visit the places that interest you. Or opt to stay onboard the bus for the full loop.
Explore Downhill Mountain in 3-Hour Bike Tour from Hobart
Ride a mountain bike down the foothills of Mount Wellington in Hobart. Experience the beauty of the Tasmanian bush and see some local wildlife. Partake in a unique Hobart mountain biking beer-drinking tradition.
Walking Tour: Highlight Of Battery Point
Learn about Battery Point from a friendly and knowledgeable guide Explore the streets, homes and buildings throughout the beautiful suburb Learn about the whalers, sealers and governors
Tennis Experience in Hobart
Perfect for tennis lovers or just those wanting to try something different during their time in Hobart, enjoy access to this tennis court just 10 minutes outside of Hobart’s CBD. Take a private lesson or simply take over the court with your friends and family and play a game or two, with all equipment provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best On the Ground in Hobart?
The best On the Ground in Hobart according to Viator travellers are:
What On the Ground in Hobart are taking additional safety precautions?
These Hobart experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Easy Bike Tour - Mt Wellington Summit Descent & Rainforest Ride
- Hobart Shore Excursion: Small Group Mount Wellington 3-Hour Bike Tour
- Derwent River Historic Harbour Cruise From Hobart
- Bruny Island Traveller - Gourmet Tasting and Sightseeing Day Trip from Hobart
- Full-Day Guided Bruny Island Tour from Hobart
What On the Ground in Hobart are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Hobart may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Active & Outdoor Classes
- Extreme Sports
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Ground
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Outback Tours
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Russell Falls Tours & Tickets
- Museum of Old and New Art (Mona) Tours & Tickets
- Maritime Museum of Tasmania Tours & Tickets
- Zoodoo Wildlife Park Tours & Tickets
- Convict Trail Tours & Tickets
- Moorilla Winery Tours & Tickets
- Constitution Dock Tours & Tickets
- Mt. Wellington (Kunanyi) Tours & Tickets
- Tahune Forest AirWalk Tours & Tickets
- Cascades Female Factory Historic Site Tours & Tickets
- Mount Field National Park Tours & Tickets
- Tinderbox Marine Reserve Tours & Tickets
- Lark Distillery Tours & Tickets
- Battery Point Tours & Tickets
- Huon Valley Tours & Tickets
- Richmond Gaol Tours & Tickets
- Bruny Island Berry Farm Tours & Tickets
- Macquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port) Tours & Tickets
- Parliament House Tours & Tickets
- Hobart Runnymede Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Ellis Island
- Great Barrier Reef
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets