Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
Wander through a viewing tunnel at the Shark Reef Aquarium’s largest exhibit, a shipwreck surrounded by 1.3 million gallons (4.9 million liters) of water. In addition to sharks, you’ll see salt- and freshwater fish, as well as sea turtles, golden crocodiles, giant rays, and more. The touch pool is a favorite among younger visitors, while certified divers have the opportunity to scuba dive in the tanks.
Admission to the aquarium is included in some multi-attraction Las Vegas sightseeing passes.
Recent reviews from experiences in Las Vegas
Things to Know Before You Go
Most visitors spend around 45 to 60 minutes at the Shark Reef Aquarium.
An audio guide is available in English and Spanish.
Guests staying at the Mandalay Bay Resort can watch the Shark Reef channel on TV.
How to Get There
The Shark Reef Aquarium is located near the South Convention Center in the Mandalay Bay Resort, at the southern end of Las Vegas Boulevard. You can easily get to the resort by car, taxi, shuttle, or the free Excalibur–Luxor–Mandalay Bay tram.
When to Get There
The aquarium is open daily, usually with extended hours on weekends and over the summer. Last entry is an hour before closing. There’s no set schedule for animal feedings, but they often take place between 10am and 4pm.
Aquariums in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has more than 10 aquariums, some of which can be found inside casinos. Besides the Shark Reef, check out these other popular aquariums: the Tank at the Golden Nugget, SeaQuest Las Vegas, the Aquarium at the Silverton Hotel, and the Atlantis Aquarium at the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace.
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in California
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Luxor Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino
- Casino at the Tropicana Las Vegas
- New York - New York Hotel & Casino
- Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
- MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Las Vegas ARIA Campus
- Zombie Burlesque
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Zappos Theater