AAMI Park is a staple of both sport-centered and regular sightseeing tours of Melbourne. Admire the stadium from above during a hot-air balloon ride over the city; cycle past the stadium and other top Melbourne attractions from the outside on a bike tour; or combine AAMI Park with other sporting venues during a sports experience, which typically cover Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Olympic Park.
AAMI Park’s star teams include the National Rugby League's Melbourne Storm, Melbourne’s Super Rugby team, the Melbourne Rebels, and soccer’s A-League teams, the Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Heart; check the fixtures of each team to secure tickets to a match.
Things to Know Before You Go
AAMI Park is a must-visit for fans of soccer and rugby.
In addition to accessible toilets throughout, the stadium offers plenty of wheelchair- and stroller-accessible seating.
There are multiple food and beverage options at the stadium, in addition to free drinking water available at water fountains.
There is limited on-site parking available and fees apply. Match days are more expensive than non-match days.
How to Get There
The easiest way to reach AAMI Park is via public transport. The route 70 tram drops you off a few hundred meters from the stadium, while Richmond Station and Flinders Street Station are a 5-minute walk. From the CBD, AAMI Park is a 20-minute walk.
When to Get There
Rugby and soccer season run from February to August in Australia, with matches generally held every week at the stadium. In addition to sporting events, the stadium also hosts high-profile music concerts throughout the year.
Sporting Venues in Melbourne
Melbourne is a mecca for sports fans. In addition to the AAMI Park, you’ll find multiple sporting venues in the city. Highlights include Albert Park, where the annual Formula 1 races are held; Melbourne Park, which hosts the Australian Tennis Open; and Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup Horse Race.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Rod Laver Arena
- Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria
- Australian Sports Museum
- Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Kings Domain
- Fitzroy Gardens
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Cooks' Cottage
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Arts Centre Melbourne
- Australian Ballet
- Forum Melbourne
- Federation Square
- Old Treasury Building
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne