ArtVo is divided into 11 themed galleries. Soar on a paper airplane over the Sydney Opera House or box with a kangaroo and joey in the Australiana gallery; pose in front of the Taj Mahal or take a gondola ride in Venice in the World Tour gallery; or sit in King Kong’s hand or grab giant piece of sushi in the Imagine gallery. Trained staff is on hand to assist with photos, poses, and creative inspiration.
Prebook your ArtVo tickets to save time. Art lovers can combine a stop here with a street art tour of Melbourne's city lanes and alleyways. You can also add on a half-day sightseeing tour, and visit other popular city attractions, such as Queen Victoria Market, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Parliament House.
Recent reviews from experiences in Melbourne
Things to Know Before You Go
ArtVo is ideal for families, art lovers, Instagrammers, and those looking for a different experience in Melbourne.
Don’t forget your camera; the exhibits at ArtVo are designed for photos, which bring the paintings to life.
Allot around two hours here to fully experience the gallery.
The gallery is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
ArtVo is located in the Harbor Town Shopping Center at the District Docklands. Take the City Circle Tram, Tram 70, or Tam 86 to the District Docklands (Stop D1). You can also take the train to Southern Cross Station, walk to Harbor Esplanade, and then follow the Promenade to the District Docklands.
When to Get There
ArtVo is open daily, with the exception of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve. The gallery stays open late on Friday and Saturday. ArtVo is fully enclosed and temperature controlled, making it great option during inclement weather.
ArtVo and other trick art museums around the world use an optical illusion technique called trompe l’oeil, which means to “deceive the eye.” It’s a technique that uses realistic imagery to create the optical illusion that 2-dimensional painted objects are actually 3-dimensional.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- The District Docklands
- Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
- Marvel Stadium
- Flagstaff Gardens
- South Wharf
- Queen Victoria Market
- Polly Woodside
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
- SEA LIFE® Melbourne Aquarium
- Immigration Museum
- Crown Melbourne
- Melbourne Regent Theatre
- Melbourne Royal Arcade
- Collins Street
- State Library Victoria
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne