Marvel Stadium sits just west of Melbourne’s Central Business District (CBD). Some city sightseeing tours and bike tours pass by the stadium, but the best way to experience it is to go to one of the many events that take place during the year. Tickets can be purchased on the Marvel Stadium website. Hour-long behind-the-scenes tours run during the week at times subject to the day’s schedule of events.
Things to know before you go
- Marvel Stadium is a must for sports lovers and those interested in live entertainment in Melbourne.
- The stadium is an accredited sensory venue, with trained staff, amenities, and accommodation for guests with sensory issues.
- The stadium is wheelchair accessible via ramps and elevators at certain gates.
- Strollers are welcome but must be able to be stowed under your seat or checked.
- Wheelchair service is available to take guests to their seats, if needed.
- A spot in the stadium’s car park can be purchased in advance.
- Former names of the stadium, which some locals still use, are Colonial Stadium, Telstra Dome, and, until 2018, Etihad Stadium.
How to get there
Marvel Stadium is located on the north shore of the Yarra River in the Docklands district. It’s accessible via tram from the Bourke Street/Harbour Esplanade stop or Harbour Esplanade/Collins Street (Docklands) stop, or by train from Southern Cross station. There is a taxi drop-off on La Trobe Street near Gate 7.
When to get there
The AFL season runs from March to September. Music concerts, conventions, and other sporting events take place during the rest of the year—the calendar is updated on the stadium’s website.
Food and Drink
Marvel Stadium offers several outlets to purchase food and beverages, including vegetarian and gluten-free options. The diverse food offering features burgers, Southern American pulled pork and brisket, Korean chicken wings, donuts, salads, margherita pizza, and more. Bars serve beer, wine, and spirits.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Polly Woodside
- South Wharf
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
- SEA LIFE® Melbourne Aquarium
- Flagstaff Gardens
- Crown Melbourne
- Immigration Museum
- The District Docklands
- Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
- Melbourne Regent Theatre
- Queen Victoria Market
- Melbourne Southgate
- Melbourne Royal Arcade
- Yarra River
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne