Attending a concert at the Forum Melbourne is a quintessential experience for music fans. Shows take place at the venue’s two different stages. The Forum I is the main stage and its lavish design is unmistakable, complete with an original 1920's mosaic floor, marble columns, and a sky-blue ceiling dotted with twinkling lights. Upstairs, the Forum II is a smaller, more intimate venue often used for private events and screenings.
Things to know before you go
- Forum Melbourne is one of the city’s most popular live music venues. Tickets for popular shows can sell out quickly, so advance booking is highly recommended.
- The venue bar serves a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Most concerts and events have a minimum age of 18 years; ID is required.
- The Forum is wheelchair-accessible.
How to get there
Forum Melbourne is located on Flinders Street in the heart of downtown Melbourne. The venue is easily reached on foot from many central attractions—it’s right opposite Federation Square. The closest train station is Flinders Street, a 2-minute walk away, while trams stop right outside (Stop 6 - Russell Street).
When to get there
Live music concerts are held at the Forum several nights a week. Doors typically open at 7:30pm, with support acts taking to the stage around 8pm and the headliner around 9pm. The Forum also hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, including Melbourne International Comedy and Film Festivals (March/April), Melbourne Jazz Festival (May/June), and Melbourne International Arts Festival (October).
Melbourne for Music Lovers
Aussies often rave about Melbourne’s live music scene and the city has produced numerous popular bands over the years, including Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Crowded House, Jet, Dirty Three, and the Temper Trap. Music fans can attend a concert at the Palais or Festival Hall; check out local bands at venues such as Birds Basement, the Old Bar, and Prince Bandroom; or grab a drink at rock bars such as Cherry Bar and the Ding Dong Lounge.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne