SEA LIFE® Melbourne Aquarium
SEA LIFE Melbourne sits on the banks of the Yarra River in central Melbourne. See habitats like the Bay of Rays, the Coral Caves, and the Mermaid Garden, and enjoy activities like animal feedings, keeper talks, and tour on a glass-bottom boat. You can also book experiences like a shark dive or a trip behind the scenes of the penguins’ icy habitat.
Recent reviews from experiences in Melbourne
Things to Know Before You Go
SEA LIFE Melbourne has a gift shop and a café that sells lunch items, baked goods, and drinks.
Avoid lines by booking tickets online in advance.
Visitors can rent lockers to store belongings.
The aquarium is fully wheelchair accessible.
Wheelchairs and strollers are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Get There
SEA LIFE Melbourne is located at King and Flinders streets on the north side of the Yarra, across from the Crown entertainment complex. The aquarium does not have its own parking lot, but paid parking is available at nearby public facilities. Public transportation is a more convenient option; there is a tram stop on Flinders Street and two nearby train stations: Flinders and Southern Cross.
When to Get There
The aquarium is open daily, from mid-morning to early evening, with slightly longer hours on weekends, holidays, and school vacation periods (April, July, September–October, and December). Exact hours vary by season.
Shark Dive Xtreme
One of SEA LIFE Melbourne’s most exciting experiences is Shark Dive Xtreme, which gives brave souls a chance to swim in the water with some of the aquarium’s resident sharks, such as nurse sharks or blacktip reef sharks, as well as rays and other fish. The 2-hour experience includes scuba diving instruction.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne