Mezcal Tastings in Mexico City
Mezcal is the bolder, smokier brother of tequila, and sampling some is a must-do activity in Mexico City. Although the alcohol typically a product of the Oaxaca state, Mexico City remains a top place to try some of the best big-name and small-batch brands. Here are a few of the best mezcal experiences in Mexico City. Food & Mezcal Tours If you’re hesitant to embark on mezcal tastings on an empty stomach, consider a combo tour that accompanies your liquor with a spot of typical Mexican cuisine. Spend an evening eating tacos or try out some of the capital’s other favorite street foods, such as tamales, tortas, or chicharrónes. If you’d prefer, get hands on and combine mezcal tastings with a cooking class or a personalized, full-day visit to Mexico City’s most iconic destinations. Nightlife & Mezcal Tours The Mexican capital can be overwhelming, especially after hours. So, instead of going it alone, let an experienced guide take you on a small-group tour to some of the best Mexico City bars for mezcal tastings and more. Alternatively, pair culture and booze on a combination tour that brings mariachi music or Mexican wrestling together with the obligatory mezcal. ** Things to Know**
- You might be used to shots back home, but when trying mezcal and other agave distillates in Mexico City, be prepared to sip and savor.
- You must be 18 or older to drink alcohol in Mexico—bring your ID.
- Cameras are prohibited from most Mexican wrestling arenas in Mexico City.
5 Tours and Activities
Lucha Libre Experience and Mezcal Tasting in Mexico City
Mexican Cooking Class & Cocktails in Mexico City
A Night of Tacos and Mezcal in Mexico City
Tequila and Mezcal Night Tour: Best Mexican Drinks
Mexico City Private Tour: Ethnic Markets, Tequila and Mezcal Museum, Xochimilco
- Aztec History in Mexico City
- Mexican Cuisine
- Best Day Trips from Mexico City
- 3 Days in Mexico City: Suggested Itineraries
- Best Museums in Mexico City
- Frida Kahlo’s Mexico City
- Mezcal Tastings in Mexico City
- How to Spend 1 Day in Mexico City
- Food Lover's Guide to Mexico City
- Tula Day Trips from Mexico City
- How to Experience Cinco de Mayo in Mexico City
- Ways to Experience Mexican Culture in Mexico City