Ways to Experience Mexican Culture in Mexico City
There’s so much more to Mexico than tequila and tacos. From lucha libre wrestling and mariachi bands to world-famous Day of the Dead festivals and ancient traditions dating back to the Aztec and Maya civilizations, here’s how to experience Mexican culture in its epicenter, Mexico City.
Sample Mexico’s culinary delights—including delicious quesadillas, pozole, and tamales—on a food tour of Mexico City’s Polanco, Coyoacan, or Roma Norte neighborhoods.
Ply the colorful floating gardens of Xochimilco, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a traditional trajinera boat cruise.
Experience the thrill of a lucha libre wrestling match and cheer on the técnicos and rudos in their brightly colored masks.
Listen to live mariachi music in Plaza Garibaldi or dance the night away at one of Mexico’s City coolest salsa clubs.
Marvel at the masterpieces of one of Mexico’s most iconic artists at the Frida Kahlo Museum (Museo Frida Kahlo, aka the Blue House).
Learn the secrets of traditional Mexican cuisine with a culinary walking tour of the local markets, followed by a private or small-group cooking class.
Uncover Mexico’s ancient history as you explore the Teotihuacán archeological site or the National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia).
3 Tours and Activities
Mexican Wrestling: Experience Lucha Libre in Mexico City
Garibaldi Night Tour
Experience Mexico City at Night: Cantinas, Lucha Libre & Mariachi
- Aztec History in Mexico City
- Mexican Cuisine
- Best Day Trips from Mexico City
- 3 Days in Mexico City: Suggested Itineraries
- Best Museums in Mexico City
- Frida Kahlo’s Mexico City
- Mezcal Tastings in Mexico City
- How to Experience Cinco de Mayo in Mexico City
- Tula Day Trips from Mexico City
- Ways to Experience Mexican Culture in Mexico City
- Food Lover's Guide to Mexico City
- How to Spend 1 Day in Mexico City