Crescent Street (Rue Crescent)
Located just steps from the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Crescent Street is a stop on most hop-on hop-off bus tours, a convenient way to explore without the hassle of navigating. Independent bike rentals offer a more active way to sightsee, while private tours offer the flexibility for visitors to tack a Crescent Street stroll or pub crawl onto a customized itinerary.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Crescent Street bar scene is a must for spontaneous travelers.
Don’t forget comfortable shoes, as the best way to explore the neighborhood is on foot.
Street signs, including parking and traffic signs, are written in French.
How to Get There
Crescent Street is easily accessible using Montreal’s comprehensive public transit system. The nearest stops are Sherbrooke and Rue de la Montagne on bus 24, René-Lévesque and de la Montagne on bus 150, and Lucien-L’Allier metro station on the orange 2 line. Alternatively, a BIXI bike share docks is conveniently located on the south end of Crescent Street.
When to Get There
As a hub for Montreal nightlife, Crescent Street is busiest during the evenings and on weekends. Go during the day for a quieter stroll. The street is best known for its annual Grand Prix Festival in June, a Formula One championship celebration known for its race car displays, autograph sessions, and live entertainment.
Crescent Street’s First Pub
While Crescent Street was established in the 1860s, its reputation for nightlife only began in 1967 when the Sir Winston Churchill Pub Complex opened. Today, the Winston Churchill boasts three levels, each with a distinct atmosphere—from a candlelight club lounge to an airy outdoor terrace. With plenty of food and drink options, the pub is often filled with visitors and locals from across the city.
- Things to do in Quebec
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts
- Les Cours Mont-Royal
- Dorchester Square (Le Square Dorchester)
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts)
- Montreal Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanique de Montréal)
- Grevin Museum (Musée Grévin Montréal)
- McCord Museum
- Montreal Underground City
- Montreal St. Patrick's Basilica
- Musée d'Art Contemporain de Montréal (MAC)
- Mount Royal
- Lachine Canal (Canal de Lachine)
- Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal (Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal)
- Old Montreal (Vieux-Montréal)
- Montreal Chinatown
- Old Port of Montreal (Vieux Port de Montréal)
- Two Days in Montreal
- Wine Tasting in Montreal
- Montreal Walking and Tram Tours
- Haunted Montreal
- Wine and Beer Tasting in Montreal
- Haunted Montreal
- Quebec City Day Trips From Montreal
- Things to Do in Montreal This Winter
- How to Spend 3 Days in Montreal
- How to Spend 2 Days in Montreal
- How to Spend 1 Day in Montreal