Journey Behind the Falls
At Journey Behind the Falls, visitors descend by elevator to a series of tunnels bored into the rock behind Niagara Falls. The two tunnels, which extend approximately 150 feet (46 meters) behind Horseshoe Falls, lead to views of water cascades right in front of the open cave entrances. The best part is stepping out on the observation deck for a truly different and incredible perspective—you will get very wet, but it’s worth it!
Recent reviews from experiences in Niagara Falls & Around
Things to Know Before You Go
Journey Behind the Falls consists of an observation platform and series of tunnels near the bottom of Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian shore.
Be prepared for long lines, especially during the popular summer months. The best time to avoid the lines is early in the day.
Plastic ponchos are provided and are fine for keeping dry in summer. But during cooler months, be sure to bring a raincoat and warm layers.
How to Get There
Journey Behind the Falls is located off Niagara Parkway, directly across from Horseshoe Falls. Enter the tunnels through the Table Rock House, which has visitor information.
When to Get There
Journey Behind the Falls is open year-round. The best time to visit is early in the day. During the summer, there’s also a nighttime fireworks show several times weekly.
Three in One
Niagara Falls is actually composed of three sets of falls: American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Horseshoe Falls (also known as Canadian Falls). Horseshoe Falls is the cascade behind which Journey Behind the Falls travels. It’s an incredibly popular attraction, whether you’re planning your falls visit from the Ontario (Canada) side or the New York (US) side.
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Table Rock Welcome Centre
- Skylon Tower
- Niagara Falls IMAX Theatre
- Cave of the Winds
- Queen Victoria Park
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Floral Clock
- Great Canadian Midway
- Ripley's 4D Moving Theater Niagara Falls
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Niagara Falls
- Clifton Hill
- Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars
- Niagara SkyWheel
- Greg Frewin Theatre
- Two Days in Niagara Falls
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls in Summer
- How to Spend 2 Days on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 3 Days at Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- Things to Do at Niagara Falls This Summer
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls After Dark: Light Shows and Fireworks