Niagara Falls IMAX Theatre
Visiting the IMAX Theatre is an exciting enhancement to any visit to Niagara Falls. Learn the human stories behind Niagara Falls inNiagara: Miracles, Myths, and Magic. See the real items used in extreme stunts in the Niagara Daredevil Exhibit, including the barrels that people have used to float in and crash down the falls.
Many visitors to the IMAX Theatre come on day trips from Toronto. Such excursions may include a visit to the falls, a ride on the Hornblower boat, and a stop at vineyards in the Niagara region.
Things to Know Before You Go
The on-site National Geographic Store sells educational games and toys, books, and postcards.
Discounts are available, if you purchase tickets online.
Tickets can be purchased individually for the film and exhibit, or combined for a lower price.
While most films are shown in English, some French and Mandarin options are available, so check the online schedule first.
The Daredevil Cafe serves popcorn, soda, and other snacks to enjoy during the movie.
How to Get There
The IMAX Theater is located next to the Skylon Tower and the Niagara Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It’s within walking distance of the falls, so is a convenient place to stop at when visiting town. If you’re on a day trip to Niagara Falls, there may be time to stop and watch a film. If you’re traveling independently, it’s easy to combine a visit with other sightseeing activities.
When to Get There
The IMAX Theatre is open every day, except Christmas Day, and shows films throughout the day, from 9am to 9pm. Schedules change periodically, so check the website before planning a trip.
Niagara Falls View from Both Sides
Niagara Falls is located both in Canada and the US. While visitors can have a good experience seeing the falls from either side of the border, try to see it from both sides for the best all-around views. Bring your passport (as long as you have the right to enter both Canada and the US) and walk over the Rainbow Bridge, to see which side you think has the better vistas.
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Skylon Tower
- Queen Victoria Park
- Journey Behind the Falls
- Table Rock Welcome Centre
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Greg Frewin Theatre
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Niagara Falls
- Clifton Hill
- Great Canadian Midway
- Niagara SkyWheel
- Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Louis Tussaud's Waxworks
- Ripley's 4D Moving Theater Niagara Falls
- Cave of the Winds
- Two Days in Niagara Falls
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls in Summer
- How to Spend 2 Days on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 3 Days at Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- Things to Do at Niagara Falls This Summer
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls After Dark: Light Shows and Fireworks