Noosa National Park
No trip to Noosa would be complete without a visit to the national park, and many guided tours of the area include a stop here. The most popular section of the park is right on Noosa Headland, accessible by simply following the boardwalk that runs along Noosa Main Beach.
A paved walking trail hugs the coast and runs in the direction of Hell's Gate, where it's possible to spot turtles and humpback whales from the panoramic viewpoint. The network of trails continues all the way down to Sunshine Beach.
Things to know before you go
- Noosa National Park is a must-visit for adventure travelers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Many facilities within the park are wheelchair accessible, including the Tea Tree Bay and the Coastal Walk to Dolphin Point.
- Don’t forget to bring drinking water, insect repellent, sun protection, and binoculars for wildlife viewing.
- Camping is not permitted within the park.
- Always walk with a group, and stay on marked walking tracks.
- Swimming is not recommended on national park beaches, as currents can be strong.
How to get there
Noosa National Park is 99 miles (160 kilometers) north of Brisbane on Australia’s Sunshine Coast. It’s possible to bike or walk from Noosa, or you can catch a shuttle bus to the Park Road or Sunshine Beach park entrances from the Noosa Heads or Ed Webb Park bus stops respectively.
When to get there
For plentiful sunshine with minimal chance of rain, plan to visit between September and November. The best time of year to spot humpback whales while hiking the coastal trails is usually between June and November.
The most popular trail within the national park is the 7-mile (11-kilometer) return Coastal Walk. This trail hugs the coast from the main park entrance to Sunshine Beach, offering spectacular scenery along the way. Popular stops along the trail include the rocky overlook at Boiling Pot, surfer beach at Tea Tree Bay, and Hell’s Gate, known for incredible coastal views.
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in North Island