Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
As the biggest and busiest airport in France and one of Europe’s most important international transport hubs, Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) is visited by just about every traveler to Paris. Also known as the Roissy Airport, CDG also offers flights to more countries than any other airport and hosts more airlines.
Passengers flying into or out of Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport have a number of different transport options available, but pre-booking an arrival or departure transfer ensures a hassle-free start or end to your trip. Transfers are available by private vehicle or shared shuttle, linking the airport to central Paris hotels, Disneyland® Paris, and Orly (ORY) International Airport. Whichever transfer option you choose, it's worth it to avoid navigating French public transport with multiple suitcases.
Things to Know Before You Go
There are three different terminals at Charles de Gaulle Airport, all of which are connected by regular shuttle buses.
All areas of the Charles de Gaulle airport are wheelchair accessible.
Power outlets and charging stations are located throughout the terminals, and free Wi-Fi is available to passengers.
How to Get There
Charles de Gaulle is located in Roissy, about 16 miles (25 kilometers) northeast of Paris, and is connected to the capital by the RER B train and the Roissybus. The fastest way to get into Paris is the RER train, which takes about 30 minutes, while taxis or private transfers can take up to an hour in busy periods but save the hassle of navigating public transportation.
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Air and Space Museum
- National Museum of the Renaissance
- Basilica Cathedral of Saint-Denis (Basilique Cathédrale de Saint-Denis)
- Stade de France
- La Villette Park (Parc de la Villette)
- La Cité des Sciences et de L'lndustrie
- Musée de la Musique
- Buttes-Chaumont Park (Parc des Buttes-Chaumont)
- Bassin de la Villette (La Villette Basin)
- Saint-Ouen Flea Market (Marché aux Puces de Saint-Ouen)
- Musée Edith Piaf
- Gare du Nord
- Père Lachaise Cemetery
- Basilique du Sacré-Coeur