Phuket Weekend Market (Naka Market)
The market is divided into covered and uncovered sections, with most clothing inside and street food outside. As the single biggest night market on the island, Phuket Weekend Market can be overwhelming for first-time visitors. Overcome the language barrier and discover snacks and souvenirs that you may otherwise overlook on an evening tour of Phuket; tours typically also cover other island highlights such as the Big Buddha and the Promthep Cape, a prime sunset stop.
Things to know before you go
- Though the market is located on flat surfaces, the crush of the crowds can make exploring with a wheelchair or stroller difficult.
- The majority of vendors do not accept credit cards. Bring cash in small denominations.
- The market is home to several sit-down eateries in which you can find restrooms; be prepared to pay a small fee to use the facilities.
How to get there
The market is located on Wirat Hong Yok Road in Phuket Town. From Patong, you can reach the market via Route 4029. You can drive or take a cab—or skip the hassle of navigation by taking a sightseeing tour.
When to get there
Phuket Weekend Market is open every Saturday and Sunday from late afternoon until late in the evening. To see the market in full swing, arrive just after sunset.
What to Eat at Phuket Weekend Market
With its wide variety of freshly-cooked and cost-effective foods, Naka Market is a mecca for food lovers. Must-try dishes at the market include hot, buttered corn rolled in chili and salt; Thai fishcakes served with sweet chili; and mango sticky rice, a Thai dessert. Those with adventurous palates can also sample durian, known as the stinky fruit, and deep-fried crickets and scorpions.
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Khao Lak
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Phuket FantaSea
- Patong Beach
- Patong Boxing Stadium
- Bangla Road (Patong)
- Phuket Simon Cabaret Show
- Freedom Beach
- Siam Niramit Phuket
- Upside Down House Phuket (Baan Teelanka)
- A-Maze Garden
- Temple of the Protruding Buddha (Wat Phra Thong)
- Phuket Bird Park
- Big Buddha (Wat Chalong)
- Wat Chalong
- Phuket Botanic Garden
- Phuket Old Town